Options

Learning Curve Begun

KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
edited June 28, 2005 in Holy Macro
Like many others before me, I've finally bitten the photographic bullet and upgraded to a DSLR. With a little encouragement from my family, I finally went out an got a Canon 20D. It's obviously going to take a while to learn how to fully use this remarkable piece of engineering, but that's half the fun.

It's a perfectly lousy day here today, misting rain; but I had to take and post at least one photograph to announce the arrival of the new camera. Many more to follow in due time.

26204494-L.jpg

Kent
"Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
Web site

Comments

• Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2005
    Congrats on the new cam Kent.
    A fine choice you madethumb.gif
    Have funclap.gif
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2005
    Kent
    Congrats on the new camera
    Oh Boy ! your gonna have fun now :D

Hope your wallet can handle the stress eek7.giflol3.gif

Have fun with the new toy biggrinbounce2.gif

Fred
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    Hi Kent, be carefull now,
    I too bit the bullet and have had my 20D for about 2 weeks now and 1800 pictures later, I love it. I'm still getting used to it though, my focusing has something to be desired. I still love my Sony V3, but nightshots really show the difference in sensor noise.

Enjoy and shoot away:D,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2005
    Welcome aboard to you and Chris. [Chris I still throw my V1 in my purse for insurance every day! still love it too]

You guys will definately love the use of ISO. The lenses are great fun, but each one has some getting used to. I go from disappointed to absolutely loving it in a few days. Have fun!

I too bit the bullet and have had my 20D for about 2 weeks now and 1800 pictures later, I love it. I'm still getting used to it though, my focusing has something to be desired. I still love my Sony V3, but nightshots really show the difference in sensor noise.

Enjoy and shoot away:D,
    Chris