Is it possible...

jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
edited August 11, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
...to offer prints for sale AND free downloads in the same gallery? In other words, I want to sell ABC print for $10.00. But I want it to be downloadable for free.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks
Jerry
www.meesoon.smugmug.com

Comments

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    Yes. Set your pricing, but do NOT turn on right click protection. Then customers can download by right click saving the photo. I would expect this would really limit the amount of sales you make!

ann

...to offer prints for sale AND free downloads in the same gallery? In other words, I want to sell ABC print for $10.00. But I want it to be downloadable for free.

Thanks
    Jerry
    www.meesoon.smugmug.com
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009

Thanks
    Jerry
    www.meesoon.smugmug.com

Jerry,

There are these new websites out there that allow people to order photographic prints from digital image files for cheap. Some examples are walmart.com, shutterfly.com, and smugmug.com. A 4x6" print costs as little as twelve cents, and an 8x10" like three dollars. If people can download images from your gallery for free, they can go make cheap prints on those other sites. Just don't tell anybody that, maybe none of your customers know.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.