Options

swimming

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited August 14, 2009 in Sports
A few from my son's large swim meet yesterday...
He's not yet 8 but is swimming very well. Yesterday he did the 100 yard Individual Medley and placed 2nd out of 9. He and the first place boy were waaay ahead of the rest of the field.
Here are a couple from his butterfly leg...
615421645_Wso6Y-L.jpg

615358085_57QXA-L.jpg

No shots of backstroke, but here's breaststroke...
615361537_2WP4T-L.jpg

And freestyle to the finish...
4 - it's not super close but I've already cropped it some and I like seeing the finish wall in the background
615369217_naamd-L.jpg

The pool deck was raised and perfectly level with the water level, so I was able to get right down on water level for some shots, which was cool. Getting backstroke and freestyle wasn't as easy because if you missed them while they were close to your end, then they just got too far away. Shooting from the side wasn't really an option at this meet.
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,917 moderator
    edited August 10, 2009
    I think you did well. I like that you were able to get down low for your shots.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Katie BethKatie Beth Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Congrats to you both!
    Congrats to your son! He must have had a big smile on his face after that event!

And congrats to you on these wonderful shots! My favorites are 2 and 3. I really like #1 as well though a lot of people don't care for those as they don't see the swimmer's face. He's doing a great job of getting his arms out over the water.

I love it when the pools have decks at water level. I've only seen one where they allowed me to shoot from the deck though (due to level of meet). It sure makes it easier to get down close to water level.
    Katie