Miley

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
edited August 10, 2009 in People
I had a really hard time post processing this beautiful child... everything I did spoiled her... so I left her mostly just as she is. I originally desaturated her somewhat but went back to the original color.

615174663_BRmDb-L.jpgCC welcome.

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    Lovely portrait and very cute child :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    Cute kid. I think I'd have used manual focus; it looks like the curls are in focus, but the eyes aren't…

Got to love that "La Gioconda" smile thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Cute kid. I think I'd have used manual focus; it looks like the curls are in focus, but the eyes aren't…

Got to love that "La Gioconda" smile thumb.gif

- Wil
    yeah... I think you're right on the eyes... this shot has been buggin me no end.. I can't think whats wrong.. but something is off. She was such an easy subject but somehow it's not working...headscratch.gif
    edited August 10, 2009
    Lovely portrait and very cute child :D
    Thanks Awais... I wish I was happy with it... but the more I look the more I see a very mediocre shot of a lovely subject. Critique away folks... I'm slipping:uhoh
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    I think the original is a great picture. I think you have two major things here: (1) great hair, (2) pretty face; the trick is to do justice to each:
    I wonder if the dangly-thingy around her neck is distracting…

(With your permission) I re-cropped, sharpened the eyes and removed a smidgeon of red: I'll remove the pic if you don't like it.
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    Very cute model... I think the eye-sharpening helped. I just had a batch of pictures of my kid that just weren't right because she had curled her hair and the ringlets were too close to her eye and grabbed the focus. Either way, its a very nice portrait. thumb.gif
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited August 10, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    I think the original is a great picture. I think you have two major things here: (1) great hair, (2) pretty face; the trick is to do justice to each:
    I wonder if the dangly-thingy around her neck is distracting…

(With your permission) I re-cropped, sharpened the eyes and removed a smidgeon of red: I'll remove the pic if you don't like it.

Yes.. it's better... much better.... I'd done similar, but could NOT get it right.. I think I was trying to keep too much hair.. AND trying to keep the eyes somewhat where they should be in the composition. All the things you have mentioned I noticed... one wonders why I did'nt do it ne_nau.gif

I'm fine with you improving it.. I appreciate it a lot as this was bugging me. Some photographers prefer not to have their work downloaded without permission I know.

Thanks again clap.gif