C&C Wanted! Senior Picture Photoshoot ~ Katie

asdesignsasdesigns Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited August 11, 2009 in People
Hey just wanting comments on a photoshoot that I did. The selective coloring she asked for btw, as I know many of you guys arnt very fond of it :D. Anyways let me know what you think C&C Wanted!

~AS

#1 615997040_rHJ5d-L.jpg

#2 615989992_zwCit-L.jpg

#3 615992006_g2Qk7-L.jpg

#4 615987246_nLjJA-L.jpg

#5 615993968_enXhv-L.jpg

#6 615978314_hjWgb-L.jpg

#7 615979846_3Fpbm-L.jpg

#8 615984862_n2GL7-L.jpg

Thanks guys ahead of time for all your comments! :D :clap
AS-Designs ~ Adam Sassatelli ~ www.asdesignsphotography.com

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    asdesigns wrote:
    Hey just wanting comments on a photoshoot that I did. The selective coloring she asked for btw, as I know many of you guys arnt very fond of it :D. Anyways let me know what you think C&C Wanted!

~AS

Thanks guys ahead of time for all your comments! :Dclap.gif

Hmm... I like the black and white of her.. #7 - I like her expression more than the others. Although I do find on my monitor that it's very "soft" a bit too soft for my tastes. #1 - she is looking away and I'm not quite sure what the picture is trying to say. I like the black and white tones in this one tho.
    #2 Again she is looking away and her look could be thought of as angry?
    also a little too much magenta cast on my screen.
    #3 I like this one but again I want her to look up... I want to see her eyes.
    #4 is nice but the fence is distracting to me. Also the blur is a little heavy.
    #5 hmm.. don't like this one - says nothing to me.
    #6 I'm having trouble with this look.. specially for a senior photo if thats what you are using these for. Her makeup is a little overdone (black eyes and magenta cheeks.. she's a beautiful girl after all.
    #7 would be my pic undoing the blur a tad
    #8 is interesting but her look does not match the graffiti on the wall to me..
    again she looks a tad miffed but I like your black and white treatment. On # 8 the focus is on the graffiti not on her... she seems to take second place to it to me.
    Just my 2 cents worth. Thanks for sharing.thumb.gif
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    I really like 3. I bet she's happy with the whole set. Not easy working with teens.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • RogerLundRogerLund Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    Number Three, if she was looking at the camera ?

Do the shots fit her personalility? If so, well done.

Roger Lund
    Canon 5D, Canon XT, Canon 50mm EF 1.8, Canon 50mm EF 1.4, Canon 85mm EF 1.8, Canon 100mm EF 2.8 Marco, Canon 100-300mm EF 5.6 L, 17-40mm EF F4 L
    -
    Roger Lund
  • Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    ~AS
    1. She kinda looks deceased here. The color of the grass makes it look like 1983-circa astroturf. Selective saturation I view as mostly gimmicky. But there are exceptions.

2. Not bad. Your white balance is off a bit towards purple blue. I would have liked to have seen more of her face turned and with more of it in the frame.

3. Close. It would have been much nice seeing her whole face and eyes. The blown hair is a glaring error.

4. I like this one. Nice soft focus and I like her expression. Good background too.

5. It's fun, but I don't like the selective saturation. And seeing her eyes would improve this. Crop the sky down a bit too.

6. Nope. I don't like her expression nor the lighting and the frame. Would make my cull pile.

7. What a sweet shot! B&W is good. A keeper.

8. Her facial expression is at odds with the graffitti. Eh. And the selective saturation is not necessary.

Hope this helps.

M
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    Very nice series of a beautiful young lady. I like all the shots but #7 has to be my favorite. Nice conversion. It really shows off her beautiful face and smile. Know she will be very happy with all of them.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires