Subaru

Matt336Matt336 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
edited August 10, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Chris and I were bored so we went out and took some shots of his car. These ones turned out the best of mine. We tried getting that urban look in the first couple but it's a pretty hard feat in a town of 15,000 people. The backgrounds looked cool in person but they seem busy to me after I took the shot. The last shot is my try at creating a top gear look.

All 5 were taken with the D3. The first 2 are with the 70-200 and the last 3 are with my Sigma 10-20 on FF mode.

edit_5881_small.jpg

edit_5884_small.jpg

edit_5887_small.jpg

edit_5891_small.jpg

edit_904_small.jpg

C&C Welcome!

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    Matt336 wrote:
    Chris and I were bored so we went out and took some shots of his car. These ones turned out the best of mine. We tried getting that urban look in the first couple but it's a pretty hard feat in a town of 15,000 people. The backgrounds looked cool in person but they seem busy to me after I took the shot. The last shot is my try at creating a top gear look.

All 5 were taken with the D3. The first 2 are with the 70-200 and the last 3 are with my Sigma 10-20 on FF mode.
    C&C Welcome!

Hi Matt, I like the #3rd and the #5th shots.
    Though I am not keen on the odd vignetting on the left side of the last two shots.

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    Generally, I think they are pretty cool. #1, I don't like the hunk of machinery in the back. I know that there is a sort of industrial setting, but in that one, I don't get the feeling of this. More just a distraction for me.
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    Well, you did say "C&C welcome"…

…IMNSHO I think there's too much clutter; and there's also vignetting in some of the shots… accidental? …intentional? …who knows. …in #1, I thought the brown hand-rail-thingy was a fancy radio antenna until I saw what it actually was in #4. You have to be very careful when using WA or UWA lenses; everything gets squished into the middle unless you take great care to have something in the foreground (i.e. very close to the lens…)

Nice car! thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau