A few candids from the Middle East

ReverbReverb Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited August 12, 2009 in People
Hi everyone,

I posted a few photos to the landscape board but didn't want to deviate from the board's focus so I thought I'd share a few portraits on this forum. I'm still learning to do people photos properly (timing is so much more important with portraits than landscapes). It's definitely harder than it looks and I need to become more comfortable with sticking a camera in someone's face so I would definitely appreciate any comments or thoughts. Thanks!

1) Bedouin on Camel

611407709_mMhHx-L.jpg

2) Tending the Donkey
610307537_A3PoC-L-1.jpg

3) Smoking Sheesha
610305580_iA4rF-L.jpg

4) In the Pyramid's Shadow
610265898_wavVF-L-1.jpg

5) Bethlehem Market
610469101_qp2yj-L-1.jpg

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    I like 1st most !mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • scritchscritch Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    I really like the first one. He reminds me of my great uncle, composed face in front of one of the sweetest, kindest, funniest, most generous people I've ever known. You captured this man well I think.
  • ReverbReverb Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    scritch wrote:
    I really like the first one. He reminds me of my great uncle, composed face in front of one of the sweetest, kindest, funniest, most generous people I've ever known. You captured this man well I think.

Thanks. The first one is my favourite as well. Like I said, I still need to work to get used to sticking my camera in people's faces.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    Ditto on #1.thumb.gif
    I like the image of #4 as well very much. The stuff hanging on the line/wire is a bit distracting, but you'd have to clone that out since I think adjusting the crop would lose the sense that the background is one of the big pyramids. It's a nice juxtaposition of the ancient and regal and the everyday.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • ReverbReverb Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Thanks for the suggestion. I may try cloning it out actually since it bothered me a bit too but I couldn't crop for the reasons you mention.
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Ditto on #1.thumb.gif
    I like the image of #4 as well very much. The stuff hanging on the line/wire is a bit distracting, but you'd have to clone that out since I think adjusting the crop would lose the sense that the background is one of the big pyramids. It's a nice juxtaposition of the ancient and regal and the everyday.