edited August 11, 2009
    What ISO did you shoot this with?
  • JeffCanonJeffCanon Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    What ISO did you shoot this with?

400 iso
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    Did you add noise? Seems a bit noisy to me.
  • JeffCanonJeffCanon Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Did you add noise? Seems a bit noisy to me.
    yes, i added the grain, was going for an old film look, do you think it is too much
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Well, the noise isn't bad. I actually wondered if it was scanned film at first, so I think you acheived your goal if you wanted to make it look a bit like film. It reminds me of the grain you see in Nat Geo 70's photos. Then I was wondering what digital camera you used to get such a noisy print if you were only using ISO 400. Its just one of those things, wondering what exactly you did with it.

This picture brings to mind some of the Asian stuff I've seen. Simple and elegant. However, for me, there are two things that don't quite do it for me. It seems really "2-D" for me. I wonder if you turned the plant a bit so maybe its clear that one stalk is in front of the other a bit. It might change things up, and for me, this is pretty small. But it might just give a more dynamic appearnace, while still maintaining the Asian simplicity. I could be wrong here though.

The big thing is how the leaves are cut off on the right. Turning the plant might help with this as well. I just feel that I want to see the leaves, that the photo is missing something and that they should be there.

Of course, these are only my opinions. Please ignore them if you like.thumb.gif