Great deals on gear!

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited August 29, 2009 in Cameras
Not sure how many are aware of this but bing.com (Microsoft's attempt at a search engine :wink) has a cashback option. Basically, by buying something after using their search engine, you can get cashback from MS. As of August 10th, that cashback quantity has increased (doubled in some spots) for 'a limited time'.

I just found the Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS lens that I had been eyeing for $878 new with USA warranty after the cash-back!

Also saw a post about the Canon 5D II with 24-105 lens for $3079. Haven't shopped for that kit but seems like a great deal.

You do need a hotmail/live.com email and need to enable the cashback option. Then just use bing.com to search for that body/lens you've been eyeing and see if you see a hit under bing.com/shopping. There you should find the stores that are participating, their cash-back percent and the adjusted total price.

Good luck!
E

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    eoren1 wrote:
    Not sure how many are aware of this but bing.com (Microsoft's attempt at a search engine mwink.gif) has a cashback option. Basically, by buying something after using their search engine, you can get cashback from MS. As of August 10th, that cashback quantity has increased (doubled in some spots) for 'a limited time'.

I just found the Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS lens that I had been eyeing for $878 new with USA warranty after the cash-back!

Also saw a post about the Canon 5D II with 24-105 lens for $3079. Haven't shopped for that kit but seems like a great deal.

You do need a hotmail/live.com email and need to enable the cashback option. Then just use bing.com to search for that body/lens you've been eyeing and see if you see a hit under bing.com/shopping. There you should find the stores that are participating, their cash-back percent and the adjusted total price.

Good luck!
    E

That is a pretty good deal on the 17-55. I was able to buy mine about two tears ago during Canons annual instant rebates. I think it was around $850 or $860 at that time. I highly recommend buying the hood for this lens. As a bumper guard it's a lifesaver, and its a big help with flair as well.
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    Thought I would just quickly update this post. The earlier one ended up being a terrible 'deal' in that it was through a Brooklyn shop - more on that in my Primes or 17-55 thread.

However, I snagged a great bing.com deal today. If anyone is in the market for gear, type in 'canon lens' on bing.com and it should show you a link for Adorama.com which is currently providing an 11% cashback offer. You'll want to be logged in to bing.com (via your hotmail account) first and then do the above. Great deal from a great and trusted seller.

E
  • L_F_LL_F_L Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    The Live/Bing cashback has been around for a while. I bought a few things last year from eBay at 25-30% rebate level. All cash back was successfully deposited in my PayPal account.

Sign up with cashbackr.com to get alert on Bing/Ebay rebate level. You can stack up mrrebates.com or ebates.com to get additional percentage point (go to bing.com first, open the link, then go to mrrebates or ebates then open the store link again).