Need Fall setup ideas

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited August 12, 2009 in People
Hey all -
I have been asked to do a preschool's fall pictures. I want to do a unique background with leaves, scarecrows hay etc. anyone have any other ideas?? The ages will be 6 months - 5 years old. So I need to have some sort of set up where the babies can be comfy as well as something for the older kids. Picture ideas would help also! TIA!!
Courtney
Courtney

Comments

• WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    I did a fall preschool shoot last year with hay bales, cornstalks, pumpkins and mums. put the bigger kids sitting on the hay holding a pumpkin with the flowers and leaves on the ground then with the babies I put them sitting on the ground in front of the hay and with the real little ones I propped them in an apple barrel. All were done outside paying attention to what was in the backround of all of these! The parents loved them! Good luck with your shoot!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    I did a fall preschool shoot last year with hay bales, cornstalks, pumpkins and mums. put the bigger kids sitting on the hay holding a pumpkin with the flowers and leaves on the ground then with the babies I put them sitting on the ground in front of the hay and with the real little ones I propped them in an apple barrel. All were done outside paying attention to what was in the backround of all of these! The parents loved them! Good luck with your shoot!

Good idea of doing outside. Did you just use natural lighting? I'm a little hesitant to work with lighting due to the children and so many of them. I don't want trying to get the lights just right (on each child) to interfer with trying to get the right pose, make them smile and all that jazz. What do you think??
    Courtney
    Courtney
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    I do these for a preschool in the fall without props, but outside in a garden/courtyard area. Of course, they start at 15 months, so I don't need anything "comfy". A small wagon could work. I use my flash in an umbrella for fill (sb800), sit them or stand them in the right spot, and don't really have to move the lighting around unless I want a different background. The parents really love that they are so different form typical school photos or what they could get from a chain studio. Plus, the kids are less intimidated by the equipment when it's all outside.

Caroline