Options

14MP DCS Pro SLR/c

cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
edited May 24, 2004 in Cameras
Well I am not going to buy one ... yet. This is for several reasons mostly to do with speed of operation and speed of workflow. I do believe that the speed of operation issues will be solved by a forthcoming firmware upgrade. Certainly the very bad noise issues in early reviews seems to have been solved. The workflow issues are mainly related to the size. The raw image which is compressed with a lossless compress is 12.5M and a tiff is 79M (81057872 !!) while a jpeg is around 2Mbytes.

Here are images at ISO 160 and ISO 1600 . Do not click on these images unless you are ready for a 2MB download.

F8FJ0004_iso160_c.JPG

And now the ISO 1600 image. The noise is not greatly increased.

F8FJ0009_iso1600_c.JPG

The next thread will discuss resolution and will show a result with all noise and sharpening turned off.
Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph

Comments

• Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2004
    I clicked! Hehe Cable its been bery bery good to me.

I want a bigger better camera but I think I am better off to wait a bit and see what you guru's find .

Thanks Charles.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2004
    Interesting points, Charles. Thanks for sharing them. BTW, it appears that both photos link to the same original. Everything is identical in the two shots. And someone needs to let that poor man out of the cage. naughty.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au