More fur....

adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
edited August 12, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I liked how these turned out (except for the wife's suitcase in the back but moving it would have scared the cat off). Now the wall's clear, and he hasn't been sleeping in the sun there... Cats.... Flash used for fill.
1. 617356644_S2ERA-M.jpg
2. 617356637_S8yeL-M.jpg
3. 617356624_8ZwyG-M.jpg

This last one was taken with at f1.2 [not my lens]. No flash. Thought his eyes worked better in yellow here :wink
4. 617356646_DYePP-M.jpg

C&C always welcome and appreciated.
- Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
My SmugMug Site

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    Very cool well executed setthumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    Ah the life of a cat! Love the first and fourth though all are very well done. thumb.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    Thanks both of you....
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • Phil TompsonPhil Tompson Banned Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    Great work on these shots. Personally not a big cat fan, but the first three could change my mind.
    edited August 12, 2009
    Great work on these shots. Personally not a big cat fan, but the first three could change my mind.

I'm not either. He was actually a consolation prize to my daughter. If I have to have a cat, though, I may as well make him a photography practice subject.....:D
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    What a beautiful kitty --- I like either the yellow eyes or the green.

Did you ever think of doing a cropped-in version of just the head/neck area with the 1st photo.....such a nice yawn :D
    edited August 12, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Did you ever think of doing a cropped-in version of just the head/neck area with the 1st photo.....such a nice yawn :D

Sort of works:
    618071003_QEwie-L.jpg

The only lament would be that I was a little far to the right, and if I had been a little more to the left, I could have a little color in his eye, and still had the reflections on the floor. Without as much of the body just lying there he seems a bit more ferocious...:D
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 12, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Sort of works:
    618071003_QEwie-L.jpg
    clap.gif

Amusing series, good stuff! thumb.gif BTW, that's some shiny floor, what is that?

Cheers,
    -joel
    edited August 12, 2009
    Thanks!

The floor is Armstrong engineered hardwood, oak (in a medium finish -- I forget exactly what its called). Yeah, it has kept its sheen for the past 6 years pretty well.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
    edited August 12, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Sort of works:
    618071003_QEwie-L.jpg

The only lament would be that I was a little far to the right, and if I had been a little more to the left, I could have a little color in his eye, and still had the reflections on the floor. Without as much of the body just lying there he seems a bit more ferocious...:D

I really like this photo -- its a shot I've never seen down as well as you have captured the yawn of a cat before. You have the reflection on the floor as an extra bonus thumb.gif

Your right -- it sort of works -- you could leave the burgundy curtain in the photo to the right, but crop leaving the white out that is on the burgundy fabric. Then you would have a little more of the cats body in the photo. I've added more space to a photo before, but don't know if it would work with this or not.

The colors of the reflection, wall and even the burgundy curtain draws my eye right to the mouth and whiskers of this beautiful cat thumb.gif
    edited August 12, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    IYour right -- it sort of works -- you could leave the burgundy curtain in the photo to the right, but crop leaving the white out that is on the burgundy fabric. Then you would have a little more of the cats body in the photo. I've added more space to a photo before, but don't know if it would work with this or not.

Thank you, and I won't tell the cat what you said. There will be no living with him..:D

I think you mean the pink suitcase that is reflecting around. If it were a curtain, it would be less trouble in the original (and would likely be grey from fur....)

He was very bored and didn't care what I was doing (for a little bit), and I had the camera on the floor at times, or just an inch above for most of the shots.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
    edited August 12, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Thank you, and I won't tell the cat what you said. There will be no living with him..:D

I think you mean the pink suitcase that is reflecting around. If it were a curtain, it would be less trouble in the original (and would likely be grey from fur....)

He was very bored and didn't care what I was doing (for a little bit), and I had the camera on the floor at times, or just an inch above for most of the shots.

Cats do have big egos don't they rolleyes1.gif

A suitcase...hmmmmm. I see that can make it harder. Maybe just have the cats face take up the whole photo.

As for the fur on a curtain -- I know about that as my Goldens leave fur all over the place. I could swear my floors are made of velcro rolleyes1.gif Your flooring looks virtually fur-less.