AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited August 13, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
What do I say about this one......

617518525_EK8Uw-L.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    I like the idea, but it doesn't feel cohesive to me. It looks almost like the rust was just dropped over the top of a photo. Maybe if you smoothed the seams a little bit? Also, I feel like there should be something interesting inside the ring (possibly the brightest spot), rather than just a part of the cloud scene. I like the colors in the backdrop, but maybe it just isn't the right photo to use for this purpose.

Just my $.02! I'd like to see some later versions.
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Now thats definitely unique. thumb.gif I really like its value. Care to share
    how you came about this little gem? :D Its sweet. Totally sweet!!!
    Michael
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Well that is definitely different! It makes for really great computer art! I do like the texture and color going on. So what did you do here?
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    CoryUT wrote:
    I like the idea, but it doesn't feel cohesive to me. It looks almost like the rust was just dropped over the top of a photo. Maybe if you smoothed the seams a little bit? Also, I feel like there should be something interesting inside the ring (possibly the brightest spot), rather than just a part of the cloud scene. I like the colors in the backdrop, but maybe it just isn't the right photo to use for this purpose.

Just my $.02! I'd like to see some later versions.

Thanks for looking and commenting........ I havent done many composites...They have whole another set of challenges..... azzaro
    edited August 12, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    Now thats definitely unique. thumb.gif I really like its value. Care to share
    how you came about this little gem? :D Its sweet. Totally sweet!!!

Thanks for commenting DaddyO .... I had two rather boring pictures and a article on how to put them together.......:D azzaro
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    edited August 12, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Well that is definitely different! It makes for really great computer art! I do like the texture and color going on. So what did you do here?

The top layer, or the rusty hole pic. was the cut out pic.. After I had cut the hole out I just kept going and randomly cut out parts of the rest of it. When you put then together the sky shows through what you cut out.

Keeps retirement from becoming boring.....:D Thanks for looking and commenting............azzaro
    edited August 12, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Thanks for commenting DaddyO .... I had two rather boring pictures and a article on how to put them together.......:D azzaro
    :D Got it. Where'd you grab the foreground image?
    I really should read more. ;-) I see the answer now.
    Michael
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    The top layer, or the rusty hole pic. was the cut out pic.. After I had cut the hole out I just kept going and randomly cut out parts of the rest of it. When you put then together the sky shows through what you cut out.

Keeps retirement from becoming boring.....:D Thanks for looking and commenting............azzaro

Now I reallly like this photo -- dang it is cool thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

Isn't if fun playing with photos...would love to see some more of your creations.

You did really well matching up the bright spot of the rust with the bright area on the sunset/sunrise photo behind it. Matches up well too with the darker parts too.

Good job thumb.gif
    edited August 12, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    :D Got it. Where'd you grab the foreground image?
    I really should read more. ;-) I see the answer now.
    The rusty hole was part of and old horse trailer......This is what it looked like.

605698307_3kE5N-L.jpg
    edited August 12, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Very nice Gary clap.gif

Hi Dan...... Thanks for looking in......and the nice comment.... azzaro
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Definitely beyond COOL Azzaro! clap.gifclap.gif The technique certainly has a whole lot of potential. Now that you've started this, we'll be waiting to see more of examples of it.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited August 12, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Definitely beyond COOL Azzaro! clap.gifclap.gif The technique certainly has a whole lot of potential. Now that you've started this, we'll be waiting to see more of examples of it.

Hi Jack......Thanks for the comment..... Im sure there will be another one.... azzaro
    edited August 12, 2009
    wings.gifYou know I love this Azzaro. Just excellent. Really stunning for me.
    WOWSER. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifwhew:D
    Azzaro wrote:
    The rusty hole was part of and old horse trailer......This is what it looked like.

605698307_3kE5N-L.jpg
    Michael
    edited August 12, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Now I reallly like this photo -- dang it is cool thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

Isn't if fun playing with photos...would love to see some more of your creations.

You did really well matching up the bright spot of the rust with the bright area on the sunset/sunrise photo behind it. Matches up well too with the darker parts too.

Good job thumb.gif

Hi Mary Kim...... Thanks for the kind comment......They are bit time consuming but fun to do...... You should give it a try......... azzaro
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    The original was pretty cool to start. The composite is very interesting and has a lot of wow-factor. Nice job making something new!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Yo Azzaro,

You never cease to amaze me. About the time I think I've got you pegged, you up and throw something like this at me. This is one that's certainly out of the box. I find this shot absolutely captivating. I applaud you for willingness to step up and try new techniques. Keep it up.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited August 12, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Mary Kim...... Thanks for the kind comment......They are bit time consuming but fun to do...... You should give it a try......... azzaro

I'd love to give it a try, but totally lost on how to do it headscratch.gif
    edited August 12, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    The original was pretty cool to start. The composite is very interesting and has a lot of wow-factor. Nice job making something new!

Thanks for commenting...... azzaro
    edited August 12, 2009
    Yo Azzaro,

You never cease to amaze me. About the time I think I've got you pegged, you up and throw something like this at me. This is one that's certainly out of the box. I find this shot absolutely captivating. I applaud you for willingness to step up and try new techniques. Keep it up.

Tom

Hi Tom.......Thanks for the great comment..... azzaro
    edited August 13, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I'd love to give it a try, but totally lost on how to do it headscratch.gif

Hi Mary Kim.... It is pretty easy ..... If you like I could probably explain it to you .......azzaro
    edited August 13, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Mary Kim.... It is pretty easy ..... If you like I could probably explain it to you .......azzaro

Yes I would love that thumb.gif