DSS 31 Feeler: Open/Closed

ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
edited August 12, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Took my first photo for the challenge today. Doubt it is good enough. But it's a start.

617532098_CN64F-L.jpg
uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
ackdoc.com

Comments

• ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    ghinson wrote:
    Took my first photo for the challenge today. Doubt it is good enough. But it's a start.

617532098_CN64F-L.jpg

Hey Greg,
    I like the image a lot... but do you have a title in mind so I can have an idea what you're thinking or where you're going with it?
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    Oh goodness. Title? Hmmm.

This was an early morning ferry ride. Only one window was open along this side of the boat, and my kid spent a lot of time watching the boat's wake out of it.

I like the geometry of the picture, but the scene deserved some kind of HDR treatment, because there was a great sunrise outside of the windows. Yet, exposed for the interior, the window scenes were blown out. Still kinda like it though, because the white of the windows just leaves the outside to your interpretation.

Title. How about "Open to Wake."
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    blown out light in the windows dont phase me at all... but the mass dead space in the bottom portion of frame does...not in a good way...

really like the idea here and the subject everyone can relate to him...

also having the subject looking more off to the side will help imo...
    Aaron Nelson
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    ghinson wrote:
    Oh goodness. Title? Hmmm.

This was an early morning ferry ride. Only one window was open along this side of the boat, and my kid spent a lot of time watching the boat's wake out of it.

I like the geometry of the picture, but the scene deserved some kind of HDR treatment, because there was a great sunrise outside of the windows. Yet, exposed for the interior, the window scenes were blown out. Still kinda like it though, because the white of the windows just leaves the outside to your interpretation.

Title. How about "Open to Wake."

Yeah, I'm wondering if a tighter crop might be better. Kids are just so cuious by nature...I like where you're going with this. The blown out windows don't bother me either, just makes you more curious as to what he is looking at!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    First Impressions:

I see blown highlights…

I see barrel-distortion…

eek7.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    I was just glad we did not have to some surgery after your last entry.
    To bad you could not have gotten a higher angle to see what he was looking at.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Alright. That one is shelved. I do have one of him looking to the side. I can fix the barrel distortion. But there is a bench seat at the foreground of each of these pics, and a tighter crop might remove some of the open/closed windows, or make it an unusual crop ratio.

Will keep working.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com