Options

Using Another Host Linked To SmugMug?? And a couple of other random ??'s

DoozieLooDoozieLoo Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited June 27, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I am not sure if I am using the correct terminology here. But, I see that pretty much everyone has a pricing page. If you add more pages to your smugmug site, are you using another hosting program as well?
I was told that I could use the one on GoDaddy.com - the Website Tonight I believe its called and link that to my page here.
I obviously need some more pages for a pricing sheet and other various things. So, just curious, is that what I need to do? Or am I missing something?

So that leads me to my next question...how/where do I get a template for my galleries? My background from my front page goes on to my gallery pages. Which I don't mind. I was kind of wanting each gallery to have an individual background, but at this point, its not such a big deal. But, how can I get the back ground to copy over on the gallery links page as well as it is in my front page? How can I decrease the size of the table in my gallery?

And yet another question, how do I get the links on my title bar? For galleries, contact me etc...?? Is that again something I need to build elsewhere?

I wish this customizing thing was simpler...its horribly frustrating.

And...one more - on to fonts. Okay, I went to the help section, I got the fonts on my footer to change...somehow or another, don't ask how, b/c I can't tell you!
But, what about ALL the font. I am not one to like plain old Arial fonts or just black and white....

I would greatly appreciate an answer or two or three or four...or someone to grant me a wish of my site being something that floors you when you click my link...um, not happening.

Thanks a zillion in advance! :help

www.aimeepaynephotography.com
:curtsey Aimeé:noob

Comments

• Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    DoozieLoo wrote:
    I am not sure if I am using the correct terminology here. But, I see that pretty much everyone has a pricing page. If you add more pages to your smugmug site, are you using another hosting program as well?
    I was told that I could use the one on GoDaddy.com - the Website Tonight I believe its called and link that to my page here.
    I obviously need some more pages for a pricing sheet and other various things. So, just curious, is that what I need to do? Or am I missing something?

So that leads me to my next question...how/where do I get a template for my galleries? My background from my front page goes on to my gallery pages. Which I don't mind. I was kind of wanting each gallery to have an individual background, but at this point, its not such a big deal. But, how can I get the back ground to copy over on the gallery links page as well as it is in my front page? How can I decrease the size of the table in my gallery?

And yet another question, how do I get the links on my title bar? For galleries, contact me etc...?? Is that again something I need to build elsewhere?

I wish this customizing thing was simpler...its horribly frustrating.

And...one more - on to fonts. Okay, I went to the help section, I got the fonts on my footer to change...somehow or another, don't ask how, b/c I can't tell you!
    But, what about ALL the font. I am not one to like plain old Arial fonts or just black and white....

I would greatly appreciate an answer or two or three or four...or someone to grant me a wish of my site being something that floors you when you click my link...um, not happening.

Thanks a zillion in advance! :help

www.aimeepaynephotography.com

FYI, you can add "pages" to smugmug via a neat web trick:
    adding webpages to smugmug

You could put your own price page up as a result.

Don
  • Options
    BenVBenV Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    onethumb wrote:
    FYI, you can add "pages" to smugmug via a neat web trick:
    adding webpages to smugmug

You could put your own price page up as a result.

Don
    My, admittedly untested, idea is similar. I was going to put up a page by creating a non-public gallery with one image. I would force the gallery to display in a journal style and then place the HTML in the image description.

Of course, the image would have to be appropriate, so to speak. At the very least, it's be eye candy.

BenV