Options

A few shots from PGA Championship (Tiger and others)

mntentmanmntentman Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited August 15, 2009 in Sports
I've never had a camera on the golf course before, so it was kind of fun to shoot some of the first practice round Monday at the PGA Championship here in Minnesota.

616401955_ozBYA-M.jpg

616427878_zMiS8-M.jpg

616427056_2keZL-M.jpg

616401190_dLezs-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jm94085jm94085 Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Very nice...I'm jealous, but only for a little while as I'll have my camera in hand for the practice rounds out here in SF for the Presidents Cup in October.

Curious what you're shooting with (camera body & lenses)...also how strict was the PGA in terms of what you could bring in with you? In other words were you able to bring a camera bag along for the ride?

Looking forward to seeing more of your shots from the event.

Cheers,
    John
  • Options
    mntentmanmntentman Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    jm94085 wrote:
    Very nice...I'm jealous, but only for a little while as I'll have my camera in hand for the practice rounds out here in SF for the Presidents Cup in October.

Curious what you're shooting with (camera body & lenses)...also how strict was the PGA in terms of what you could bring in with you? In other words were you able to bring a camera bag along for the ride?

Looking forward to seeing more of your shots from the event.

Cheers,
    John

Thanks. The PGA let you bring in whatever you wanted for the practice rounds. I used only a Canon 40D with 200mm f/2.8 lens. I had a shorter lens with me but did not use it. There were plenty of people with multiple bodies, tripods, etc., as well as hundreds of point-and-shooters. It was hot and I did not want to drag much stuff around... I really just wanted to get some shots of Tiger and we were lucky he was playing his round when we were there. Hard to get good position because of so many people, of course... and while I assume there were a lot of shots being taken all the time, I did not shoot during his swing.

Shot of Tiger was actually kind of hard -- dark skin, white cap, sun behind.

No camera are allowed during the actual tournament.
  • Options
    jm94085jm94085 Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Excellent...thanks for the info!
  • Options
    grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Nice set of photos. I was out there on Wednesday when Tiger decided not to go out on the course. mwink.gif