All Wood

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited August 12, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Took this awhile ago..didn't really know what to do with it, but liked the concept of the fence, bark, and stump. Maybe I need to reshot it. C&C is always welcome :D

617979053_mv676-L.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Took this awhile ago..didn't really know what to do with it, but liked the concept of the fence, bark, and stump. Maybe I need to reshot it. C&C is always welcome :D

There's an empty silence about this image, but I like it. thumb.gif
    .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    I like the stump, it has some neat character. The fence/bark/stump triad isn't coming out to me; I'm just focused on the stump. I do see some worm trails on the stump, perhaps something tighter in would make an interesting angle on it. I'd like to see where you go with this...
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    There's an empty silence about this image, but I like it. thumb.gif
    .... Skippy :D

Thanks Skippy :D
  • CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    I really like the subject and the coloring. I do like this shot, but I would also like to see a few variations just to explore it further :)
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
    edited August 12, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    I like the stump, it has some neat character. The fence/bark/stump triad isn't coming out to me; I'm just focused on the stump. I do see some worm trails on the stump, perhaps something tighter in would make an interesting angle on it. I'd like to see where you go with this...

You mention you would like to see where I go with this -- so would I. Everyday I look at it wondering how to photograph it. In my eyes I can see the final photo, but for some reason I'm just not getting it. Gonna have to figure it out soon before the snow covers it up. When I get it -- I'll post it.

Thank you for your comment :D
    edited August 12, 2009
    CoryUT wrote:
    I really like the subject and the coloring. I do like this shot, but I would also like to see a few variations just to explore it further :)

Thank you -- you too see more to this. I'll be spending some more time with this stump I brought home from the river :D