Options

Night Heron: Sunday 6/26/2005

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited June 27, 2005 in Wildlife
26278922-L.jpg

Magnolia Gardens, Photography by ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm

thumb.gif
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    Caught him/her in light just right Ginger thumb.gif
    nice job

Is Andy's keyboard stuck rolleyes1.gif:D :hide
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    Nice Ginger.. love the soft light and the out of focus background. The light shining on him is beautiful! Congratulations!clap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    Nice - looks like soft early morning or late evening light. And the water looks nicer than my mudhole rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2005
    Thanks, Andy, Ben, Lynn, Phil.......

Throwing in that light like that, I was pleased I thought of that. Surprised me when I saw it, too.

Figured it was a keeper right there, but I never really know, "right there".

ginger (It was a gift, I given a gift.............the gods were probably feeling good about me at the moment.)

I went to bed at 8 AM, I think, the dogs just got me up, but am kind of afraid to work on the egrets until I am really awake. I did a few last night. They are better than the other day, but nothing like this. If my portfolio has to live up to the moments the gods smile, my portfolio is going to get pretty thin. Not the gods fault, I am not always wise enough/good enough to recognise the opportunities and utilize them best.

(I do have some cute baby shots, though, etc. Just worried.........even the GBH, even he has issues. He was about an hour later than this other photo.)
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    good one Ginger thumb.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    good one Ginger thumb.gif
    great setting and light thumb.gifclap.gif and the challenge pic is a dandy got my vote clap.gif even tho you beat my dog rolleyes1.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    great setting and light thumb.gifclap.gif and the challenge pic is a dandy got my vote clap.gif even tho you beat my dog rolleyes1.gif
    Jeff, darn I would have gone for your dog, like a dog goes for, uh, rabbits...................that is a cool dog photo. I mean it is a dog photo,but it is not a dog photo, if that makes sense.

It transcends the subject.

And that is about the most wisdom I will come up with in a long time.

ginger.

Jeff, we ask these questions, I do, but then I am not there to see the answers................what is this place where you were: a park, a rest stop, an amusement park, a dog show?????