Options

1st high school football scrimmage of 2009

cecilccecilc Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
edited August 12, 2009 in Sports
Hi all ....

Perennial AAAAA powers in Georgia - Brookwood and Walton - lined up tonight for the state's first scrimmage of 2009 .... here's a sampling of the game:

brookwood-1.jpg

brookwood-4.jpg

brookwood-5.jpg

walton-4.jpg

walton-5.jpg

Thanks for lookin' ......
Cecil
Atlanta, Georgia
Photos at SportsShooter

Comments

• Options
    KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    How did I not know this was going on?

I was across town shooting fast pitch softball. (Not that there's anything wrong with fast pitch softball!) :D

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • Options
    cecilccecilc Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    KMCC wrote:
    How did I not know this was going on?

Hey, Kent ....

Actually, I wasn't even sure that it was going on tonight myself ....
    The Walton football website had this game scheduled for Wednesday; but the Brookwood football website had it scheduled for Friday (along with the majority of the other scrimmages going on around town). So I just took a chance and went to Walton tonight to see for myself if it was happenin' ....

This game was less of a scrimmage and more like a practice session with people you don't know ..... it was a little weird ....

I took no shots of either quarterback because they were wearing little green jerseys over their team jerseys to make sure that nobody "touched" them during play - so if they were "out of bounds" to other players I felt they were "out of bounds" to me, too. And I didn't shoot them - in fact, I tried NOT to get them in any shot I took .....

A little bit of a weird game to me .....
    Cecil
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Photos at SportsShooter