Options

12 x 12 Hinged Photo Books

imanenigmaimanenigma Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited August 22, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
Any ideas on where to purchase these? I am looking for a high end 12 x 12 for a customer.

I am able to find:
--Prices on 5 x 5 through 10 x 10 cant seem to find 12 x 12.
-- prices on 12 x 12 non hinged, bound books like Blurb and SnapFish.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

++++++++++++++++++
www.clpphoto.com
www.flickr.com/photos/imanenigma

Nikon D300/D100, 18-200 Nikon VR, 300 f.4 Nikon, 50mm 1.8 Nikon.

Comments

• Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2009
    Flush Mount?
    You want a flush mount? Finao, Graphi and Art Leather have 12x12; Albums Inc had 12x12
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    imanenigmaimanenigma Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2009
    Thanks!
    ChatKat wrote:
    You want a flush mount? Finao, Graphi and Art Leather have 12x12; Albums Inc had 12x12

There is another thing I am questioning as well do any of them have software for easy creation. I am not currently using PS, just Lightroom. I was hoping to find a vendor that provided a downloadable design interface then upload upon completion. Do you know off-hand if any of these have the software? If not that is OK I will check.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Regards,
    Chris
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2009
    Forbeyon will do a 12x12 size. www.forbeyon.com They are not cheap but their product is outstanding. Just how "high end" is this client?
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2009
    You design or they design
    I spent weeks and days researching album creation - my experience is that the album company software is not the best to make albums with. I did an album with Graphi's software and then changed a layout and it messed up the entire album and had to start over.

You might look at Fundy's Album Builder or Fotofusion to design and build your book.

Then look at the various albums out there.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    MaryBooMaryBoo Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    I haven't yet made the investment in Photoshop, but I did buy some less expensive software for making books that I'm very happy with - Creative Memories Storybook Creator Plus for about $55. And this product supports several book sizes, including the 12x12 format.

I design the pages (think of a elegant/simple photo page with a black background) and then save each page as a jpg file. You can use a predefined page layout, modify that layout or create your own. You can keep it as simple as plain white or colored background, or you can buy additional digital packages with "paper" and other embelishments. With each page created and saved (it will even save them with the page numbers) I go to my book maker software and simply build the book with full page bleed pages and drop each jpg file into the final book.

After creating 3 Blurb books, and being "restricted" to the 70 different page layouts, I was ready to design my own pages. This product has everthing I want to create a photo page, it's simple to use and it's a great value for the $$$. They will be releasing a newer version within a few weeks, so wait to purchase the 3.0 version.

You can download a free version of the software which will give you a feel for the product, but the free version does not "unlock" the page templates. You need to purchase the "Plus" package to "unlock" the page and open up your creativity.
  • Options
    Mike KMike K Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 20, 2009
    Fundy SOS Album Builder
    Just wanted to pipe in and say that fundy album builder has been the best software Ive used for creating albums. Our studio uses it for every album. There hasnt been a piece of software more flexible in my opinion. Between the Album Builder and the Album Proofer, we've increased our sales and turn around time on albums. They just released 14-day free trials on fundysos.com to!!!clap.gif

Mike K
    Production team
    Left Turn Studio
    www.leftturnstudio.com
  • Options
    BetzBetz Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    ChatKat wrote:
    I spent weeks and days researching album creation - my experience is that the album company software is not the best to make albums with. I did an album with Graphi's software and then changed a layout and it messed up the entire album and had to start over.

You might look at Fundy's Album Builder or Fotofusion to design and build your book.

Then look at the various albums out there.

I recently purchased Fotofusion and have been extremely happy with the results when it comes to designing pages. Granted I don't design "high end" wedding album layouts because my focus is on family/baby/children etc but the resources are there. It's also extremely affordable considering what you can do with the software.