First Post, a few people shots

xstartxtodayxxstartxtodayx Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited August 13, 2009 in People
I've been lurking for a little while but this is my first time posting. I thought I'd share a few people shots I've done and ask for any tips, feedback, criticism, advice, words of wisdom or just general feelings about them. I'm relatively new to photography as a whole (less than a year of actually trying to learn what to do) and even newer to shooting people (mostly take pictures of cars and cats). All images lead back to their flickr page where all exif data is found as well as larger sizes, feel free to comment there if you so wish. I just recently started using Lightroom so feel free to c&c the PP on any of these as well, I'm basically still experimenting with all of the tools available.

1) My fiancee, shot at a small local beach on an overcast day, nikkor 50mm f/1.8 lens, I used Lightroom to adjust levels and attempt some skin smoothing.
3809508665_99ddbe4918.jpg

2) My fiancee again, different beach, watching the sunset, Tamron 90mm f/2.8 lens, used Lightroom to adjust exposure and used gradiant filter tool to bring out some detail in the sand
3781276982_3cda938b70.jpg

3) A candid of my fiancee's uncle, this was taken at a 4th of July parade under afternoon sun, Tamron 90mm f/2.8 lens, this was one of the first photo's I really played with a lot in Lightroom to see what I could come up with, did this one in b&w and played with the sliders a bit.
3779347748_3dec69e1c4.jpg

4) Same photo as above, this time I used a NY vintage preset and then adjusted the levels to my liking
3778541023_41ce1a8c39.jpg

That's all for now, like I said earlier, any tips or advice on the photos or the PP is greatly appreciated.