Flower Never to late.

RogerLundRogerLund Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited August 19, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Grew this in my back yard. Taken with my 5D, 100-300 L @ 300 mm. ISO 800, F 5,6.
C&C please. I find that it's hard to hand hold @ 300mm.

619460947_v37yN-XL.jpg
Canon 5D, Canon XT, Canon 50mm EF 1.8, Canon 50mm EF 1.4, Canon 85mm EF 1.8, Canon 100mm EF 2.8 Marco, Canon 100-300mm EF 5.6 L, 17-40mm EF F4 L
-
Roger Lund

Comments

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Good job. Does it seem a bit soft or is that your intention? Is that because it's handheld?

Also, my advice: clone out 1) the little black bug, the one on the left side of the flower; and 2) the diagonal stem on the bottom left. They both distract from the main subject.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • RogerLundRogerLund Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    Tips on cloning the noise? I shot it at a higher ISO, so when I zoom in and clone, it looks like I make a smooth area where I cloned.
    Canon 5D, Canon XT, Canon 50mm EF 1.8, Canon 50mm EF 1.4, Canon 85mm EF 1.8, Canon 100mm EF 2.8 Marco, Canon 100-300mm EF 5.6 L, 17-40mm EF F4 L
    -
    Roger Lund
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    Run your photo through a denoise program or the noise removal in photoshop. I don't know what program you are using for editing. I use imagenomic Noiseware Professional with CS3. I love that software plug-in clap.gif Its a lifesaver.

I always clone out my things that need to be cloned out before editing. I don't know if that matters or not, but it seems to help me.

If you find it hard to handhold your camera/lens. Use a tripod if you have one. It really helps. Flowers will move even tho you think they are still and if your moving...well it can be a mess sometimes :D If you don't have a tripod try setting your camera on a short table or bench and set the timmer or if you have a remote use that.

I like the petals on the flower. You have a good start. Since its in your backyard I'm assuming you can retake the photo.

Looking forward to seeing the changes you make :D
    edited August 19, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Run your photo through a denoise program or the noise removal in photoshop. I don't know what program you are using for editing. I use imagenomic Noiseware Professional with CS3. I love that software plug-in clap.gif Its a lifesaver.

I always clone out my things that need to be cloned out before editing. I don't know if that matters or not, but it seems to help me.

If you find it hard to handhold your camera/lens. Use a tripod if you have one. It really helps. Flowers will move even tho you think they are still and if your moving...well it can be a mess sometimes :D If you don't have a tripod try setting your camera on a short table or bench and set the timmer or if you have a remote use that.

I like the petals on the flower. You have a good start. Since its in your backyard I'm assuming you can retake the photo.

Looking forward to seeing the changes you make :D

Recommendations on a Free or Low cost method of reducing noise? I'll play more with the noiseware standalone community edition, but it seems to cause some loss of sharpness.

Any custom scripts for PS?
    -
    Roger Lund
    edited August 19, 2009
    624316047_87Y7E-XL.jpg

Updated, did some work on the image.

Thoughts?
    -
    Roger Lund
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    RogerLund wrote:
    624316047_87Y7E-XL.jpg

Updated, did some work on the image.

Thoughts?

Looks good thumb.gif Just clean up alittle on the left side where you removed the other stem. Looks like there are parts of it still on the edge. Sometimes those edges are a bugger to clean up.

As for a cheaper noiseware -- I can't help you there. You could always post that question in the Finishing School here on dgrin. I know there are many people out there that could help you. Imagenomic has a free trail download. I don't know how long it lasts and I did read it adds a watermark grid line onto your photo. Thats a bummer. You could download it and play with it to see if you like it. You can find it here. Run this flower through it and post it -- we can see what it does with it. This software is certainly worth saving for. Other members on dgrin told me about it and I was totally surprised at how good it is.
  • christinamaechristinamae Registered Users Posts: 484 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    What kind of flower is that? It's a beauty. I like the edit.