FS CANON 5D MK2 with grip

MadisonPhotographyMadisonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited August 22, 2009 in House of Canon
Purchased new in February 2009 in Madison, WI I am selling my perfect 5D MK2, with Canon grip and extra Canon battery....no dings, scratches..all paperwork....less than 10k clicks

$2,850 shipped CONUS....paypal or cash only...

Sorry, package only, no grip or battery alone..

Nick

Comments

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Can you let us know why you are selling? And why ConUS only?

And do you have photos of the camera and by the camera?

Thanks
    Ann
  • MadisonPhotographyMadisonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    5d Mk2
    Selling this beautiful camera because I bought a 1D MK3..about 75% of my work is sports related and I needed that faster focus capability and FPS...although 10 is kind of nuts..

I can post a few pictures both taken with and of the camera but that will need to wait until at least tomorrow....

As far as CONUS..I will cover the shipping to any address in the CONUS but if someone in Kenya or Ontario wants it we can work something out...
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Selling this beautiful camera because I bought a 1D MK3..about 75% of my work is sports related and I needed that faster focus capability and FPS...although 10 is kind of nuts..

I can post a few pictures both taken with and of the camera but that will need to wait until at least tomorrow....

As far as CONUS..I will cover the shipping to any address in the CONUS but if someone in Kenya or Ontario wants it we can work something out...

Interesting - I waffle between really wanting the 5dMkII and the 1dMkIII (I would wait for a IV if I thought there was going to be one soon). How do the two compare in low light?

ann
    edited August 15, 2009
    Both are amazing cameras
    I went from a 30D to a 40D and then wanted full frame....the 5D MK2 is an amazing camera and I haven't even touched the video portion. With the 21 mp and amazing low light capabilities I can crop away....The low light is what really impressed me....I shot a swimming event inside at 6400 without having to do any post processing noise reduction. zero.

However, as good as the 5D is and as I have shot over 30 swim meets and pretty muchknow where to be and where not to be it does suffer from a low rate of fps and somewhat slower focusing...I used a 1DMK3 and couldn't image shooting sports without one. Not so much the fps but more the focusing ability.

I also find the complete package of the 1D somewhat more comfortable to use but the grip and extra battery in the 5D Mk2 makes for a nice package. A very nice package.

So what it comes down to for me is that I don't need three camera bodies. I still use the gripped 40D as a sports backup body and sometimes use it when I need a little extra reach with my 70-200 or 100-400. The 1D is my main camera and I reach for it about 90% of the time. For senior portraits and weddings I use the 5D, it's just too good of a camera not to...

Ann McRae wrote:
    Interesting - I waffle between really wanting the 5dMkII and the 1dMkIII (I would wait for a IV if I thought there was going to be one soon). How do the two compare in low light?

ann
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Ann McRae wrote:

ann

I don't know about the 1D Mark III, but the 5D2 is amazing in low light. (I own two 5D Mark II's)
    edited August 15, 2009
    low light
    The 5D MK2 is amazing in low light.....I rarely need to process anything for noise even pushed to 12800. 6400 is clear, crisp and amazingly sharp...

The 1D is also great...it might be that I just haven't pushed it as hard....shooting at 1200 with a 2.8 70-200 inside at swim meets allows me to shoot at least 1/500....
  • AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Ann McRae wrote:

ann

The 1D Mark IV announcement is right around the corner. Pretty good sources states announcement will come Sept 1 with limited supply in October and full availability by Winter Olympics in Vancouver 2010.
    I'll stay with my 1D Mark III until the verdict is out on the IV. rumor states going to still be a 1.3 crop around 15MP.

Ray Still
    edited August 15, 2009
    I hope so
    I hope Canon comes out with a Mk4..that way I can buy a couple more Mk3s at lower prices.....
    The 1D Mark IV announcement is right around the corner. Pretty good sources states announcement will come Sept 1 with limited supply in October and full availability by Winter Olympics in Vancouver 2010.
    I'll stay with my 1D Mark III until the verdict is out on the IV. rumor states going to still be a 1.3 crop around 15MP.

Ray Still
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    if it somehow works out with another buyer, I would be interesed in the grip & extra battery... ofcourse pending the price...
    Aaron Nelson
  • holzphotoholzphoto Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    pretty good sources?

who are your sources? my pretty good sources say no new 1d this year.

i have owned the 5d II and the 1d III and the 1ds III. if you need awesome AF in low light, the 5D II isn't for you. it is super in this ISO department, but so is the 1d III...and now someone has gone and develeoped a way to push the 1d III post processing to make outperform any DSLR on the market in the noise department.

Ray Still
  • sparkeeesparkeee Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    Could you elaborate please ?
    Who has developed a way to push the 1d Mark III post processing to outperform any DSRL in the noise department and where can I see an example of this please ?
    holzphoto wrote:
    pretty good sources?

who are your sources? my pretty good sources say no new 1d this year.

i have owned the 5d II and the 1d III and the 1ds III. if you need awesome AF in low light, the 5D II isn't for you. it is super in this ISO department, but so is the 1d III...and now someone has gone and develeoped a way to push the 1d III post processing to make outperform any DSLR on the market in the noise department.
  • AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    sparkeee wrote:
    Who has developed a way to push the 1d Mark III post processing to outperform any DSRL in the noise department and where can I see an example of this please ?

Old news here lot of debate if it really produces better results I have not yet bought it for my 1D Mark III it is a CS action called Flex NR ($24.95) it works with Neat Image noise reduction software the Neat Image is about $79.00.

There are lots of threads on POTN and Fred Miranda regarding this topic.

The link below should give you all the info you want

Ray Still

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/794636/0?keyword=noise#7318370