Options

Three from Halite

HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
edited August 27, 2009 in People

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Oooh stepping up to the challenge, I see.

The first one CRACKED me UP! I love the little helpful blower in the back. Too cute! You gotta keep an eye on that guy. iloveyou.gif He's just a scoash from having a taste too!
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    That first shot is great--talk about capturing a moment.
    The kid in the background made me laugh out loud, with his hand over his heart (like he can't handle the pressure) and his other hand going out to try steady himself--it's like he's having blowing-out-the-candle sympathy pains.

As for the birthday girl, she's going to blow the candles and the birthday cake back 5 feet--that is some inhale!
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    LOVE IT!! I too will be taking photos of my own daughter's 4th birthday in about 10 days.....they grow so fast
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • Options
    gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Nice - the third one makes me linger though the most - the color makes it more than a "report" of a scene with charming children, but gives it a "feel" and subjectivity, as does it's lens-distortion of what is actual.
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    I loe that first shot; it really made me laugh! You never know what children will do next. That's the beauty of them. clap.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    I love the timing of #2! The look of anticipation on the young boy's face is priceless.
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    #1 and #2 are wonderful captures of the moment just before .....

But I think I like #3 the best. The little girl's arms share the curve of the ceiling and capturing her coming at the viewer with all that energy really works. Having the little boy in the bg finishes it off.

These are the same two in the first two pix but here they are unleashed the energy we were holding our breath for in ## 1&2.

I like the saturated color in all of them

Very nice series.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Halite wrote:
    Three wonderful images, though I'd like to see numbers one and two in black and white, to concentrate on the kids and their expressions, rather than the cake colors. No. 3 is about the color....and works. clap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Three wonderful images, though I'd like to see numbers one and two in black and white, to concentrate on the kids and their expressions, rather than the cake colors. No. 3 is about the color....and works. clap.gif

Thanks everyone for your comments. A little 3 a.m. insomnia a couple nights ago found me trying bd's suggestion:

630691226_3gA6K-L.jpg

630691459_dhtJV-L.jpg