Red

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited August 17, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Part of and old broken down truck close to where I live.

619734348_jGxBP-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Liking the lines. There is something mouth-like with the opening in the hood. That white mark on the hood is a bit of a detractor for me (the one on the side just seems like a highlight, though).

Nice eye....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Good title for this as it is red :D

The white spots don't distract my eye as I'm so focused on the headlight. Don't see those anymore. I like how your cropped it.

Nice photo Azzaro thumb.gif

***I'm working off your instructions -- messed up some so I need to try it again rolleyes1.gif ***
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Liking the lines. There is something mouth-like with the opening in the hood. That white mark on the hood is a bit of a detractor for me (the one on the side just seems like a highlight, though).

Nice eye....

Thanks for commenting....... The truck doesnt run and has damage to the paint...... I thought about fixing the paint and then decided not to......

azzaro
    edited August 15, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Good title for this as it is red :D

The white spots don't distract my eye as I'm so focused on the headlight. Don't see those anymore. I like how your cropped it.

Nice photo Azzaro thumb.gif

***I'm working off your instructions -- messed up some so I need to try it again rolleyes1.gif ***

Hi Mary..... Thanks for commenting.....I will look at my instructions tomorrow and make sure I didnt make a mistake.....If you continue to have problems let me know and I will help you..... azzaro
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    cool shot Gary!

just a after thought here :

next time you wander over the this truck try to frame this simalar but to include the entire cast of the shadow from the fender light assembly onto the hood...
    Aaron Nelson
  • DaCDaC Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    I like the shot and agree the shot is well cropped. I even like the paint chips. If this had been a picture of a restored truck, the paint chips would bother me. But this is a old truck. Chipped paint is part of the story.
    John
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Nice capture Azzaro. Wonderful colors and composition. thumb.gifthumb.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Very good work, Gary. I like the overall feel to the shot. But then, I'm a sucker for red.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited August 15, 2009
    cool shot Gary!

just a after thought here :

next time you wander over the this truck try to frame this simalar but to include the entire cast of the shadow from the fender light assembly onto the hood...

Hi Aaron......... Thanks for commenting ... I see the truck everyday I will see if I can see what you suggest....... azzaro
    edited August 15, 2009
    DaC wrote:
    I like the shot and agree the shot is well cropped. I even like the paint chips. If this had been a picture of a restored truck, the paint chips would bother me. But this is a old truck. Chipped paint is part of the story.
    John

Hi John........Thanks for the nice comment....... I thought about cloning the paint chips out but left them for the reason you gave...... azzaro
    edited August 15, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Nice capture Azzaro. Wonderful colors and composition. thumb.gifthumb.gif

Thanks Jack, for the comment. :D azzaro
    edited August 15, 2009
    Very good work, Gary. I like the overall feel to the shot. But then, I'm a sucker for red.

Take care,

Tom

Hi Tom, I like red too....Thanks for the comment...... azzaro
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    Hey Azzaro,

I really like this shot. I'm a sucker for old vehicles though.

If you are indeed going to shoot this truck again, can you take almost the same shot, but move a little to your right to eliminate the "non-truck" part that's in the upper right corner?

Given that, I think this shot has great colors, lines & a gesture to years gone by.

Thanks for posting. thumb.gif
    Randy
    edited August 17, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Hey Azzaro,

I really like this shot. I'm a sucker for old vehicles though.

If you are indeed going to shoot this truck again, can you take almost the same shot, but move a little to your right to eliminate the "non-truck" part that's in the upper right corner?

Given that, I think this shot has great colors, lines & a gesture to years gone by.

Thanks for posting. thumb.gif

Hi Randy thanks for the comment.......I will take another look at the truck.... It is and old tanker that was part of Aims construction company. It was used to gas up equip. How it ended up in Buckeye one could only guess...... THANKS AGAIN azzaro