Pakistani Artists

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited August 15, 2009 in People
Here are some photos shot on charity painting competition held on 12th August as part of independence day celebrations. There were Special kids, Orphans, and kids belonging to various social classes. It was amazing experience to be within so many kids, belonging to different backgrounds i noticed a lot difference in behaviors of kids.

I also shot same show last year too.

Here ya go with minimum captions :wink
619073380_Rfvg7-L.jpg

619075013_USbfL-L.jpg

619087288_tymxh-L.jpg

619074133_FHpYc-L.jpg

619084961_sP5Ps-L.jpg

619088610_ZxybV-L.jpg

619077509_vuErH-L.jpg

619080470_t2gmb-L.jpg

619090754_P2bVd-L.jpg

619086218_eBMcd-L.jpg

619076347_74ATi-L.jpg

619093489_g6VLa-L.jpg

619083469_y5Ef2-L.jpg

Rest of these are pro artists, the show was special for Independence day.

619098790_njpV5-L.jpg

619122932_dD5gr-L.jpg
Check what he was making

619104589_Uhwhj-L.jpg

619106486_PfGCg-L.jpg

619108242_2Gt4k-L.jpg
Eastern Bride's doll. The lady who made asked what newspaper you will publish this photo. I told her i am not a guy from newspaper, but this will be posted on website (she was clueless about website) and i told her whole world can see your doll, and she was so Happy !

619110381_uQUWh-L.jpg
Meet man behind this

619112255_V3Ytj-L.jpg

619116521_eGApV-L.jpg

619118325_kmNaq-L.jpg
Some professional fine art artists

619114055_Z7VNv-L.jpg
I wonder why this picture is relavent to independence day ?

All photos with 100mm macro, 17-40L on 400D.
Thanks for looking ! Link to Gallery
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 14, 2009
    Excellent series, Awais! thumb.gifthumb.gif

Lots of colors and interesting faces. I always love getting a glimpse into your world.

Regards,
    -joel
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Wonderful series.
    I love the young boy with the colored pencils. THe picture of the potter is my fave. And the pictures of the loom are gorgeous.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    They are wonderful! My daughter would be so happy to see a doll like that of her own, my best friend is Palestinian and her daughter has one similar to that and my daughter is so find of it!
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Awais---I must tell you that I've only been a member of this forum for a short while and your photos are always such an inspiration to me! Your work is stunning and you have a take on your subjects that I would love to someday be able to "see" in my subjects! You are truly awe-inspiring and I LOVE to see your posts!

Thank you for sharing your amazing talent!
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Here are some photos shot on charity painting competition held on 12th August as part of independence day celebrations. There were Special kids, Orphans, and kids belonging to various social classes. It was amazing experience to be within so many kids, belonging to different backgrounds i noticed a lot difference in behaviors of kids.

I also shot same show last year too.

Here ya go with minimum captions mwink.gif

[/LEFT]

There's some really lovely work here, Awais, particularly in your use of color. But lose the captions. The first group of photos don't say "art," or "artist." They are simply portraits of children. Which is fine, except that you said they are photos of artists. mwink.gif Just let us admire the photos.rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    There's some really lovely work here, Awais, particularly in your use of color. But lose the captions. The first group of photos don't say "art," or "artist." They are simply portraits of children. Which is fine, except that you said they are photos of artists. mwink.gif Just let us admire the photos.rolleyes1.gif

:D:D Captions can be misleading ! we need to learn to read the photo mwink.gif

Thanks BD always nice to hear from you
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited August 15, 2009
    Flutist wrote:
    They are wonderful! My daughter would be so happy to see a doll like that of her own, my best friend is Palestinian and her daughter has one similar to that and my daughter is so find of it!

Hey thanks

Let me discover appropriate and easy way to send a doll like this to your daughter, then i will send it to her iloveyou.gif

My Gallery
    edited August 15, 2009
    And thanks a lot Webster, Joel, Andrew and Marjohn for kindest words thumb.gifthumb

My Gallery