Miniature Shetland Ponies

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited August 23, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I was at Dalston agricultural show last Saturday and I took loads of shots of the miniature Shetland pony class. They really are small as you can see.
Regards
Bob
619866004_3zn9d-L.jpg
619865929_umZzS-L.jpg
619865879_Wrwm7-L.jpg
619865826_Jwmus-L.jpg
619865775_6NUZY-L.jpg
619866071_foCWj-L.jpg

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    What beautiful tiny ponies -- Always wanted one when I was growning up. Thanks for sharing some of your photos :D
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Very nice photos. There's a guy near Boone, NC that has about 8 of these horses in one of his pastures. When I'm up there, I'll often stop and watch them play around.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • PinkShoesRCoolPinkShoesRCool Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    I think my German Shepherd is bigger than those ponies! :)Laughing.gif... Thanks for sharing. Did you blur the background in PP?
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    I think my German Shepherd is bigger than those ponies! :)Laughing.gif... Thanks for sharing. Did you blur the background in PP?

Thanks for looking and replying. Yes I did blur the background in some of the shots.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Very good job Bob.thumb.gifthumb.gif The second one seems a bit spooked by the camera. :D They are really beautiful little animals.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • PinkShoesRCoolPinkShoesRCool Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Quote:
    Thanks for looking and replying. Yes I did blur the background in some of the shots.
    Regards
    Bob

I like the blur, but you may want to take a look at #5, the woman is holding a stick of some sort, and part of it is blurred but part is not. And in the space around her there are parts also missing the blur.

Of the shots, my fave is #3. I love the guys' outfit and the position of the pony shows off the grace of this tiny animal.
    edited August 18, 2009
    Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;">Thanks for looking and replying. Yes I did blur the background in some of the shots.
    Regards
    Bob</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

I like the blur, but you may want to take a look at #5, the woman is holding a stick of some sort, and part of it is blurred but part is not. And in the space around her there are parts also missing the blur.

Of the shots, my fave is #3. I love the guys' outfit and the position of the pony shows off the grace of this tiny animal.

Thanks for looking and replying Jack.
    You are absolutely right Pinkshoes about image 5. I really should have taken more time and looked at it more closely before posting. Thanks for drawing this to my attention I will certainly remember in future. This is what I love about posting getting the truth.
    Kind regards
    Bob
  • Phil TompsonPhil Tompson Banned Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    Great detail. I love the shots. Those ponies make me laugh...
    edited August 24, 2009
    Great detail. I love the shots. Those ponies make me laugh...

Thanks for replying Phil