Pricing is overwhelming

jnrpotographyjnrpotography Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited August 16, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Wow!!! So I was going to finally price one of my galleries, but there are so many print sizes that it is very overwhelming!!! Do you guys offer all print sizes? What is a good price point to strat from?

Comments

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Wow!!! So I was going to finally price one of my galleries, but there are so many print sizes that it is very overwhelming!!! Do you guys offer all print sizes? What is a good price point to strat from?

Hi Jen

While I cannot offer you specific advice other than to know your market and competition, what I can do is point out the 'easy' 'fast' way to price things.

First thing you want to do is set up portfolio pricing. This will apply to any new gallery you create and will make sure that you do not offer any galleries at cost, by accident.

Then, use the % increase to price all of the products in the gallery. There is a tool near the top of the pricing page, labeled "Apply This Pricing". First step - apply the SmugMug default pricing to all products. Then, apply your % - this can be 10% or 500%, your call. But you must have a $amount in the price field in order to apply the % to.

Let us know if you have any other questions about this.

ann
  • bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    I only offer lustre prints on client galleries. You can set the price on an item to 0 to hide it from the customer's view. I tend to hide weird sizes on all but my art/landscape galleries.