619907775_CZxEL-L.jpg

619909012_nnhvN-L.jpg

Comments welcome.

Virginia

Email

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    I recognize your husband from a shot you entered in the challenges!!

#1 is wonderful. I love how your husband and daughter are relaxing together and have their eyes glued to what apparently must be the TV.
  • thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    I dig number two Virginia. The special time between father and daughter really speaks to me in it. Well done!
    Travis
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Thank you, Linda and thoth. I appreciate your comments!

Virginia

Email
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Two is sweet. One is wonderful. Her look has a bit of that drama of exhaustion compared to dad's calm.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Flyinggina wrote:

Comments welcome.

Virginia

Both very nice, Virginia, even if I don't know who they are or what their relationship is. rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
    edited August 15, 2009
    Thanks, B.D.

I suspect that you have rightly guessed the relationship of the two people in the pictures.

But, then, maybe not.

Actually, there isn't much mystery in either of these photos. I suspect that everyone would come up with fairly similar stories about them, with differences only in the details.

For what I was going for, that is probably good. They each tell a little story of ordinary life, but there is little complexity in either. You look at them. You get it. Done.

Thinking ......

Virginia

Email
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    I really love the quiet, unhurried repose of two generations together portrayed in #1--no agenda, no drama, just comfortably hanging together. #2 tells a story of focused engagement in messy play, using only the most essential elements to tell the story. Both are really beautiful, non-traditional portraits. clap.gif
    edited August 16, 2009
    Thanks, Halite. Your comments (which I had somehow missed before today) are much appreciated.

This has been an interesting exercise.

Seeing everybody's contributions, letting myself take in the untitled pictures in an open-minded, purposeful, thoughtful way, trying (though not always successfully) to make intelligent, constructive comments about them, and most of all reading the comments of others about the great variety of shots that were presented, has been a wonderful learning exercise for me.

Though don't ask me yet what I have learned. I'm still digesting!!

Thanks to everyone who participated.

Virginia

Email