Henri Chapron

eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
edited August 16, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
There's at least one other fellow on this forum who should know who this man was. :wink

HenriChapron0003.jpg
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Howdy Lee,

Very neat shot, and yes I'll bet he will know,

and you knew he would:D:D:D
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Hey Lee,

Your work with shots like this is simply fantastic. This picture does great justice to a man who was one of the greatest coach builder/designers ever. As a Frenchman, his proclivity was to the sensuous side of design and he is responsible for the looks of some of the most strikingly beautiful cars ever produced.

You can see his influence in such hallmark cars as the Delahaye, Talbot, and Delage......cars of unparalleled beauty. In his later years, he did some profound design work with the Citroen make of cars. He was a man at the pinnacle of his profession.

This picture here, Lee, should be on your wall.

Take care my friend,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    Nice one Lee. Well seen and shot. thumb.gif
    Enjoyed learning of the mans background too.
    Starting to understand the cars you guys photograph. :D
    Michael
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    Thank you, gentlemen, for the very kind words. I enjoy automotive photography and wish to someday shoot them in a studio.

By the way, my favorite studio automotive photographers are Michael Furman and Ron Kimball.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather