Fisherman At Montauk Point

VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
edited August 15, 2009 in People
Took this photo last year, did a little tone mapping on him. This guy kept catching striped bass out at Montauk Point (off the eastern point of Long Island, NY)

3821912431_0e8bcd1f3a_b.jpg

Comments

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    This sort of shot has so much potential and I think you've done a good job. Have you cropped the image already? Is there space to the right? If so, open it up and let me sense where he's casting. If not, next time think about where the viewer's eye will want to travel, especially when there is an implied direction to the action of the subject.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Vycor wrote:
    Took this photo last year, did a little tone mapping on him. This guy kept catching striped bass out at Montauk Point (off the eastern point of Long Island, NY)

3821912431_0e8bcd1f3a_b.jpg

Nice image, though some cropping might help. But in line with our challenge, is there anything in this image that says Montauk Point, or, for that matter, striped bass?
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    How do these look??? There isnt a whole lot to see to the right, just water.. its montauk point... and if i zoomed out he'd be so small (this is being printed 8x10)

Which do you like better 1 or 2?

3823801610_efcf8076a5_b.jpg

3822995923_cdc5b5106d_b.jpg