Options

Comment Page and Cobranding

BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
edited June 28, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I searched for this, but was unable to locate anything (that DOES NOT mean it's not out there and I just missed it - it happens ).

I've got my cobranding finished and all is well. However, when someone goes to add a comment on a photo or to an entire gallery, they are greeted with the default black background, but with my colors of fonts, etc., which are barely readable. It looks quite bad. I haven't been able to find where to change that, if it's possible.

Anyone want to point me in the right direction? Thx!
Barb
Smug since 2006
SmugMug Help
PhotoscapeDesign

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    While investigating this, I noticed an even bigger problem. You are using Frames for navigation instead of setting up a CNAME. IE will NOT set cookies properly when you have a site that uses Frames. This means that no one will be able to buy from your site, nor will you be able to log in or use passwords properly. While I look into the changing the comments background, you work on removing the frames :)
    Hi,

I searched for this, but was unable to locate anything (that DOES NOT mean it's not out there and I just missed it - it happens ).

I've got my cobranding finished and all is well. However, when someone goes to add a comment on a photo or to an entire gallery, they are greeted with the default black background, but with my colors of fonts, etc., which are barely readable. It looks quite bad. I haven't been able to find where to change that, if it's possible.

Anyone want to point me in the right direction? Thx!
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2005
    You missed one css class: offshadebg; I made it the same color as your other backgrounds, but now you will have to tweak the line descriptions so that they appear:

.offshadebg {
    background-color: #D4C7B2;
    }
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    While investigating this, I noticed an even bigger problem. You are using Frames for navigation instead of setting up a CNAME. IE will NOT set cookies properly when you have a site that uses Frames. This means that no one will be able to buy from your site, nor will you be able to log in or use passwords properly. While I look into the changing the comments background, you work on removing the frames :)
    I'm afraid you've lost me! I am not using frames on my site, certainly not that I set up. And I log in and out all the time. Can you help me understand, cause I'm totally lost!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    You missed one css class: offshadebg; I made it the same color as your other backgrounds, but now you will have to tweak the line descriptions so that they appear:

.offshadebg {
    background-color: #D4C7B2;
    }
    Ah, thank you! I didn't know about this code :)
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2005
    http://digital-daze.com/

That site uses frames, it is probably done by whoever you bought the domain name frame from. Instead of setting up DNS correctly, they are instead wrapping the url in a frame. You may be able to log in and out with IE if you security settings are set to low - but the default is medium and it does not work :)

I'm afraid you've lost me! I am not using frames on my site, certainly not that I set up. And I log in and out all the time. Can you help me understand, cause I'm totally lost!
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2005
    {JT} wrote:

That site uses frames, it is probably done by whoever you bought the domain name frame from. Instead of setting up DNS correctly, they are instead wrapping the url in a frame. You may be able to log in and out with IE if you security settings are set to low - but the default is medium and it does not work :)
    Ahhhh, I see what you are saying. Well, I guess I need to fix the CNAME as you said earlier. I'll work on that. Thank you!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2005
    .offshadebg {

background-color: transparent;

}

would work for those who have images for backgrounds ... like me:D
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2005
    Mike Lane wrote:
    .offshadebg {

background-color: transparent;

}

would work for those who have images for backgrounds ... like me:D

Another great suggestion - thx!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2005
    {JT} wrote:

Hi :)

Okay, I was getting ready to fix the CNAME, but have a question. I bought my domain from GoDaddy; however, I use ZoneEdit to manage my domain DNS. Now, I can change the CNAME at ZoneEdit, but they give me this really long warning about how it will mess up my domain email. I'm afraid to try for fear that will happen. As a matter of fact, they say that if I change the CNAME, they won't provide support, because they evidently don't like CNAME changes.

Anyway, as I have it set right now, I'm using their Web Forward option so that digital-daze.com is being forwarded to digitaldaze.smugmug.com. It is also being cloaked so that it appears you are at digital-daze.com.

Would that somehow then wrap the URL in a frame?

Sorry for these questions ... but I find myself very confused right now
    headscratch.gif
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2005
    As for your zoneedit question, I dunno :) If you are only adding a cname, then your mail should not be touched. but GoDaddy also has DNS tools to add a cname.

And yes, that webforward is just wrapping your smugmug page in a frame.

Hi :)

Okay, I was getting ready to fix the CNAME, but have a question. I bought my domain from GoDaddy; however, I use ZoneEdit to manage my domain DNS. Now, I can change the CNAME at ZoneEdit, but they give me this really long warning about how it will mess up my domain email. I'm afraid to try for fear that will happen. As a matter of fact, they say that if I change the CNAME, they won't provide support, because they evidently don't like CNAME changes.

Anyway, as I have it set right now, I'm using their Web Forward option so that digital-daze.com is being forwarded to digitaldaze.smugmug.com. It is also being cloaked so that it appears you are at digital-daze.com.

Would that somehow then wrap the URL in a frame?

Sorry for these questions ... but I find myself very confused right now
    headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    As for your zoneedit question, I dunno :) If you are only adding a cname, then your mail should not be touched. but GoDaddy also has DNS tools to add a cname.

And yes, that webforward is just wrapping your smugmug page in a frame.
    JT, thank you so much for your time on this. I have switched my DNS management over to GoDaddy and it's now in the "waiting" process for the CNAME to take effect.

I appreciate your help!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign