First Post - Fall Colors

SmosSmos Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 17, 2009 in People
510570663_ipKpi-L.jpg519429137_8uBqs-L.jpg510571614_2yxEk-L.jpg519429256_JKPDs-L.jpg

First time posting

Fall in Eastern WA, near Lake Wenatchee, leaves were amazing. Any comments, suggestions are welcome and appreciated

Comments

• bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    #1: This looks a little soft, but it could just be me. It's also 1/3 to 1/2 stop overexposed.
    #2: This is underexposed and has a severe red color cast.
    #3: A touch underexposed. Fun shot though.
    #4: I really like your idea, but not your execution. It would have been nice if the leaves framed her face. However, the branches blocking her mouth and nose are a problem.

Thanks for posting!
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    Nice, love the fall colors!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    wave.gif Welcome to Dgrin! You will learn a lot here. Lucky you to live so close to such wonderful scenery! Cute girls and some fun shots. I don't know what software you are using. Right now I don't have Photoshop, but I just popped these into iPhoto on my iMac and they benefited tremendously from just sliding the temperature slider over to the warm (yellow) side. They really pop and the girls' faces do not look so sallow. A little desaturation helped, too. If you are having color issues, the best place to start is to calibrate your monitor. It will save you a ton of headaches.
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    saurora wrote:
    wave.gif Welcome to Dgrin! You will learn a lot here. Lucky you to live so close to such wonderful scenery! Cute girls and some fun shots. I don't know what software you are using. Right now I don't have Photoshop, but I just popped these into iPhoto on my iMac and they benefited tremendously from just sliding the temperature slider over to the warm (yellow) side. They really pop and the girls' faces do not look so sallow. A little desaturation helped, too. If you are having color issues, the best place to start is to calibrate your monitor. It will save you a ton of headaches.

She said it best!! Welcome! thumb.gif
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    Welcome! This is a GREAT place to learn! I agree with SAURORA's post-processing thoughts and I also concur that the concept in #4 was great, but I don't like her mouth and nose being covered.

Lucky you for being so close to such great colors and tress---I'm haunted by bare mesquite trees... :-(
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography