A few outdoor shots.

SKnightSKnight Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited August 16, 2009 in Landscapes
Hi all, my very first post here. I've been semi serious for a few years and have recently decided to take a real crack at taking more photographs instead of pictures.

Here's a few of my favorites, I'll be posting up more as I take them.

613612827_Arb2W-L.jpg

613684035_jvfWE-L.jpg

392768844_bzh4b-L.jpg

392771604_Hvav7-L.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    Nice!! Welcome to Dgrin wave.gif This is quite a juxtaposition, having the completely flat shore an then beautiful layers of mountains. Where were these taken? And btw, nice catch on the lighting thumb.gif
  • SKnightSKnight Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    The lightning was taken from the causeway on the north side of Tampa Bay. This was a business trip and I forgot my tripod, so I used the roof of my car to rest the camera during the long exposures.

The sunsets were taken in NC on the Blue Ridge Pkwy. Proof that the best shots find you sometimes, it was a pee break for the girls, I glance over and see the first shot, snap a few off, we load up, and the other side of the ridge provided the scene in the second shot.

Thanks for the compliment!
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    Welcome to dgrin. Excellent stuff, hope to see more from you. I love those lightning shots!
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    Another welcome from me also! Beautiful shots. You've set the bar high for yourself. I'll expect all you shots to be this great from now on. :Dclap.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • SKnightSKnight Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Another welcome from me also! Beautiful shots. You've set the bar high for yourself. I'll expect all you shots to be this great from now on. :Dclap.gif
    Thanks for the compliments everyone! As for all shots being good, I'm like the blind squirrel that occasionally finds a nut. There's a lot of crap before you find a good one!:D

But I'll see what I can do!