A few from our recent vacation...

CTUphotoCTUphoto Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited August 17, 2009 in People
I got to spend almost three weeks in Michigan's Upper Peninsula in July (when I die, heaven better look a lot like Michigan!). You would have thought it was early Spring...we had the kids in sweaters and fleeces more often than not. Anyway, been a while since I've posted...been lurking like crazy and checking out all yall's work. Figured I'd share a handful with the crowd. C and C welcome.

~jb

1. Probably one of my favorite shots of the summer.
598596013_URkq8-M.jpg

2. I know the crop is all wrong here, but this is still one of my faves. (it was 4th of July--that's red dye in her hair)
598598115_N4K8f-M.jpg

3. Not sure if the fire is too distracting here.
598597930_RaQmz-M.jpg

4. Hanging out inside. I've always loved this particular spot in our cabin, as there are two huge windows in here that provide great light (one behind me, one to camera left). The downside is that the cabin always looks cluttered in the background when shooting wide angle like this.
598597102_HgQYT-M.jpg
Justin Benson
CTU Photography

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    What cute kids. It looks like they had a great vacation and you got some nice shots.

As for the last one, I understand your dilemma. The picture feels like it could be nice portrait of the children, but, without somehow getting rid of the background, it leans towards being documentary, in which case, it probably needs more of the background. Still, it is a nice capture of your children in an environment they love. Treasure them all! (Kids and pictures!!)

Virginia

Email
  • CTUphotoCTUphoto Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    Flyinggina wrote:
    What cute kids. It looks like they had a great vacation and you got some nice shots.

As for the last one, I understand your dilemma. The picture feels like it could be nice portrait of the children, but, without somehow getting rid of the background, it leans towards being documentary, in which case, it probably needs more of the background. Still, it is a nice capture of your children in an environment they love. Treasure them all! (Kids and pictures!!)

Virginia
    Thanks Virginia!
    Justin Benson
    CTU Photography
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    You have a very lovely family!!
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11