5 from Awais

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited August 17, 2009 in People
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    One of these days I really want to visit your country! thumb.gif Nice photos Awais!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    As usual, wonderful images.
    First one seems lack your usual wow-factor for me. Sorry.
    The colors of her outfit paralleled by the wall is wonderful. Like this one a lot. She has a certain tentativeness in her expression.

On three, I'm guessing this a memorial of some sort for the woman pictured on the shirt, or am I applying too much western assumption to the image? The lack of anyone else's head is very moving (at least in how I'm interpreting it).

Took me a while to find the woman in the 4th one, which is part of the point of the image to me. Well-captured.

Last one is a nice perspective, but I'm not sure what is going on; looks like bidding on someone selling something.

2/3/4 are my faves of the group.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Tina ManleyTina Manley Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    I love #3!!

Tina

www.tinamanley.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    Hey thanks. I will explain photos later thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    Wonderful photos, as always, Awais.

#2 is the clear winner for me. I love the way the colors in the little girl's dress are picked up by the wall.

I wonder who the little girl is. Is she related to you? A stranger looking at a stranger? And where is she going alone on the sidewalk?

Virginia

Email
    edited August 16, 2009
    Thanks Virginia, i will post other photos of this girl and this wall so you know how this photo was made :D

My Gallery
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009

One would be good - were it not for whatever it is looming just over the head of the youngster on the left - it's very disconcerting.

The second is a wonderful riot of colors, but this crop works better for me...

The third is very intriguing - as is the 4th. And the final shot is by far the best - graphically, in terms of composition, and in terms of interest.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    2 and 5 are my favorites of the series, Awais. I do like B.D.'s crop on 2, I must say.

5 is most excellent the way it is, though. The chaos of the flailing arms seems to swirl me right into the center of the group. It is very interesting. Well done!
    Travis
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    I always enjoy your images Awais.thumb.gifthumb.gif
    It took me awhile to figure out what was going on above the head of the boy on the left in image #1...it's a simple whitish hat! I like the looks on their faces. The one on camera left (I think a bit older) looks a little more sure of himself while his younger friend seems a bit less confident.
    I love your images of older people and would liked to have seen the full face of the old woman as she struggles under her heavy load.
    What else can I say of the last one but clap.gifclap.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    #2 is a clear winner for me. I just love how her outfit and the painted wall complement each other.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    Wow, Awais, you never disappoint! #2 is my favorite, just stunning. Also love #5 and #3. thumb.gif
  • Fred WFred W Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    Awais,
    Your pics always spark my interest. You convey a great perspective from a different part of the world which I am not accustomed to. From this series, in my opinion, #4 is quite exceptional. At a glance, I thought that you were presenting a pack of brush but closer examination presents an exceptional humanitarian image. Bravo !!!!!bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif
    edited August 17, 2009
    Here are the Details of each photo
    Kids were playing in play ground, if you are familiar with this region kid on left is wearing Madrassah (Islamic school) dress, and that is white cap on his head. And kid on left belongs to minority christens.

She was complete stranger, i shot this picture at small town near Islamabad, you have to pass this city to reach Peshawar. Girl belongs to Pashtoon Family who were all walking by the footpath, but they decided to move awayas they don't wanted to be photographed, but kid kept walking on the footpath.

I was trying to compose photo of the colorful wall used to make painted banners (1). All of the sudden this beautiful child appeared and i tried by best to take her photo along with wall. Here is the sequence of photographs i shot i really had no time to set camera to freeze her motion. Thanks god one photo came out pin sharp. 2nd photo shows her family too. They just kept walking.

622248080_qBLzf-L.jpg
    I think BD's crop is great

A face of Indian actress on a shirt of Pakistani kid ( you need to read history about India and Pakistan, i am not going into that) this is not over yet, kid is visiting holy site of Muslims. If you know Islam and Muslims it is not acceptable to wear pictured cloths during prayers or at holy sites.

Nothing much just old lady carrying burden

People going crazy on piece of bread. There was no shortage of bread, everybody just wanted to be 1st to have the bread.

My Gallery