Options

Some nuts on boards, hit me

InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
edited August 18, 2009 in Sports
Took these shots over the last week or so. CC desired please, on all aspects, post processing, shooting, lighting, flavor and stiffness, etc.

Both images taken with Nikon D70 and the 10.5mm fisheye.

DSC_1674-Edit.jpg

DSC_2054.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    #2 thumb.gif

I'm not crazy about the fish-eye in #1, the curved sky and the black corners
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2009
    Thanks!

I liked number one as it gave me the idea that he's skating infront of a planet or something. The fisheye was picking up the other side of the skate bowl, which gave me the idea. I further blackened the edges to give it the effect I was thinking of. Perhaps it does not translate well.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    I think your lighting in #1 is great (looks a little HDRish). Your vignetting of the sky works for me, but I think you should have brought it to the bottom corners, like you're shooting thru a tunnel.

Problem with the image is the subject. You caught him in blahhh.

#2... Now you're talkin'. Great flight and you did a great job flushing out some detail while shooting into the sun. The sun flare works in the overall image. Next time, maybe a faster SS?

Rags
    Rags
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    I like the first one, it's "trippy"...I only saw the top half at first and thought you photoshopped him in front of a planet pic. then I scrolled and realized what was going on... I totally got it...:D
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2009
    Thanks for the additional commennts.

About HDR effect about #1: It may be because the lighting is so blanced. I had a bank of three SB-600's mounted on a tripod and superclamps behind me. So I think there was a lot of light sent to the guy to get the exposures balanced. There was virtualy no PP done that I can recall, aside from healing out one of the flashes, and darkening out the upper right corner to get rid of some distracting trees and to match the upper left corner. The vignetting/darkening of the corners was merely improved off the original shot.

Agreed the second one is just a bit blurry. I think it was 1/500th of a second, the max flash speed. :cry
  • Options
    00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    I like #1 - nice job

on #2 - I would clone out what looks to be a head? on the horizon of the concrete.. and there are a few dust spots, the most noticeable is lower right of frame (even with the wheels). but in leui of that, the second is my favorite.
    Devin