Tuck and Robin Lakes

2»

Comments

• GarrettGarrett Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Thanks, Garrett!

I just use a regular backpacking bag and put my camera and lenses loosely in it at the top. I wrap my lenses in some extra clothing, but that's as much "protection" as I give. I hang my tripod from one of the side compartments. Works well for me.
    Thanks. Sounds simple enough.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Mahesh,

Absolutely wonderful images bowdown.gif

Your latest images make me think there's something wrong with my 5DMkII, 24-105 & 17-40. Mine won't make images like these...can't be me...mumble, mumble, mumble rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Another amazing set of photos!

It is obvious that #5 is totally eye-catching and magazine worthy. I also love #10. There is something in the combination of the lit mountain in the back with the fog/haze in the fore that is striking.
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Thanks, Chris! Oh ya, with some, I could probably have reached out and touched them. I was leery of doing that, however, as those horns looked pretty sharp. :D

Yeah, it's not a petting zoo up there :D

From what I remember mountain goats have very few predators, and none of which can actually live/survive at the same elevation as they do (and they can't ascend the steep sheer cliffs like the mountain goats can). The high elevation also means an absence of human presence so they haven't learned to be scared of us yet. But like I mentioned before, I've only seen them a few hundred yards away, hopefully someday I'll be fortunate to have a close encounter like you did.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 19, 2009
    Fabulous series, Mahesh. Wow, I'd fill a wall with these gorgeous critters. They look so calm and approachable. Just marvelous. Glad you made the journey and shared it with us.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • christinamaechristinamae Registered Users Posts: 484 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    cj99si wrote:
    What a awesome place! this backdrop is stunning! The Goats look great!

622056296_3GzGS-XL.jpg

I agree! This is a stunning shot! thumb.gif Congrats on the new camera.
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Mahesh,

Absolutely wonderful images bowdown.gif

Your latest images make me think there's something wrong with my 5DMkII, 24-105 & 17-40. Mine won't make images like these...can't be me...mumble, mumble, mumble rolleyes1.gif

Thanks, Randy! You too kind and, of course, way too modest. Some of your recent images are wonderful. You're making that Canon setup sing! :D
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
    edited August 20, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    Another amazing set of photos!

It is obvious that #5 is totally eye-catching and magazine worthy. I also love #10. There is something in the combination of the lit mountain in the back with the fog/haze in the fore that is striking.

Thank you! I was lucky to gave such great subject matter to photograph. :D

Mahesh
    edited August 20, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Yeah, it's not a petting zoo up there :D

From what I remember mountain goats have very few predators, and none of which can actually live/survive at the same elevation as they do (and they can't ascend the steep sheer cliffs like the mountain goats can). The high elevation also means an absence of human presence so they haven't learned to be scared of us yet. But like I mentioned before, I've only seen them a few hundred yards away, hopefully someday I'll be fortunate to have a close encounter like you did.

Hike high enough and you'll definitely run into them sooner than later. :D

Mahesh
    edited August 20, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Fabulous series, Mahesh. Wow, I'd fill a wall with these gorgeous critters. They look so calm and approachable. Just marvelous. Glad you made the journey and shared it with us.

Cheers,
    -joel

Thanks, Joel! I'm happy to have made the journey too. It'll be a little while before I can make it again. Perhaps in the fall on next summer. :D

Mahesh
    edited August 20, 2009
    I agree! This is a stunning shot! thumb.gif Congrats on the new camera.

Thanks, Christina! I think that is my favorite from the trip as well. :D

Mahesh