Mt. Rainier: Summit Lake

Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
edited August 20, 2009 in Landscapes
On Sunday three families with younger kids got together and hiked up to Summit Lake which is north of Mt. Rainier in the Clearwater Wilderness. It's a very popular location, but there was enough fog in the lowlands to drive away a lot of people. About as peaceful as you can get with six kids and three large puppies. . .

All shot with Pentax K20D, DA 12-24mm, DA Ltd. Macro 35mm, DA Ltd. 70mm

All comments gladly welcomed.

North side of the mountain from Summit Lake

622099963_DkJ5r-M.jpg

Toned Closeup

622099916_WKY7d-L.jpg

Paintbrush

622099991_vw4cL-M.jpg

Lilly

622100009_4wvtc-M.jpg

Another Wildflower

622099936_epcix-M.jpg

Pod Remains

622100093_AtdeX-L.jpg

Fallen Tree and Leaves

622100048_7gZvm-L.jpg

M

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    Beautiful shots, Miguel! Like your landscapes, but the macros take the cake here. I especially love #'s 6 and 7. The processing of 7 is extraordinary! clap.gifthumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    Thanks Mahesh. These landscapes could take themselves, pretty much point and shoot affair, but I'm glad you appreciated the latter shots. I've been in and out of old style and digital darkrooms for about 40 years. To me image developing (what is now known as post processing) and printing are just as important as taking the shot. Makes one a compleat photographer.

M
    thapamd wrote:
    Beautiful shots, Miguel! Like your landscapes, but the macros take the cake here. I especially love #'s 6 and 7. The processing of 7 is extraordinary! clap.gifthumb.gif
  • CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    To me image developing (what is now known as post processing) and printing are just as important as taking the shot. Makes one a compleat photographer.

M

Well said, and truly beautiful work with that last one. The colors are perfect.
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    A nice bunch of images you came back with! I've never even heard of Summit Lake before. I'll have to check it out sometime.
  • ReverbReverb Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    I'd also vote for the macros. They look very nice!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    I dunno, I am loving your b/w of the mountain. Such pleasing composition and combination of curves and lines. thumb.gif
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    I dunno, I am loving your b/w of the mountain. Such pleasing composition and combination of curves and lines. thumb.gif

+1 15524779-Ti.gif
    Randy
  • Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    Thanks Schmoo and Randy. Summit Lake is a great place.

There's a hint of forest green in the image if your monitor can pick it up.

M