Options

Is it possible to link to a page and have pre-filled text?

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited June 28, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I have a link on my website's banner to signup for smugmug. Is there a way to make the link such that when someone clicks it, my referral code is automatically in the referral box?
Thanks,
Richard

Comments

• Options
    edited June 27, 2005
    I should add...
    if not, would you smugmug people ever consider making the signup page say how much the discount is, and allow for the email, referral code, or website name to be used as a referral code?
    Thanks,
    Richard
  • Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2005
    I have a link on my website's banner to signup for smugmug. Is there a way to make the link such that when someone clicks it, my referral code is automatically in the referral box?
    Thanks,
    Richard

Yes. That URL is provided for you automatically in the help section on referrals when you're logged in:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/acctref

It's also linked directly from your referral info in your Control Panel, where your coupon code is.

Don
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2005
    I should add...
    if not, would you smugmug people ever consider making the signup page say how much the discount is, and allow for the email, referral code, or website name to be used as a referral code?
    Thanks,
    Richard

Good idea to explain the referral amount on the signup page.

As stated in your referral code info on your control panel, your email address works great. So does your referral code, nickname, and smugmug URL.

Don
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2005
    onethumb wrote:
    As stated in your referral code info on your control panel, your email address works great. So does your referral code, nickname, and smugmug URL.
    Don
    Hmm..I never noticed, but you're right...my only thing is IIRC on the signup page it just says referral code or e-mail.
    Richard
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2005
    Hmm..I never noticed, but you're right...my only thing is IIRC on the signup page it just says referral code or e-mail.
    Richard

Like much of smugmug, it's more powerful underneath than it appears on the surface. We only list the most likely entries (email, referral code), but we silently accept all sorts of other things. If we listed them all, they'd take up too much time.

We do this other places on the site too. Did you know, for example, that you can use your nickname and password to login, not just your email and password?

Or that you can upload a ton of non-JPG image formats and we'll do our best to convert to JPG silently in the background for you?

We have to make things Easy to use, but that doesn't mean it's not powerful down deep. :)

Don
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2005
    Good point. There are so many features to smugmug...I think it's like acrobat, nobody in the world knows how to use the whole thing, but it's there if you need it.
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2005
    By the way, the autolink doesn't work for me...it might be simple I havent had a chance to try tweaking it yet.
    Richard
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2005
    Ok, I got it, it was missing the "signup.mg" before the ? and after the /
    Richard