Possible to have Two NON-Connected Sites?

Jeff FillmoreJeff Fillmore Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
edited August 23, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is it possible to have one pro Smugmug account function as two sites? For example- can I get part of my site to operate as a wedding/portrait print sale type site under one domain name- and another section that is more along the line of artistic fine print sales which operates seperately and under a different domain name? I would like to have them set up so they are completely isolated from each other and with different names but don't really want to pay for two 'unlimited' Smugmug acccounts. Thoughts?
Thanks!
Jeff

flickr

Comments

• JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    Is it possible to have one pro Smugmug account function as two sites? For example- can I get part of my site to operate as a wedding/portrait print sale type site under one domain name- and another section that is more along the line of artistic fine print sales which operates seperately and under a different domain name? I would like to have them set up so they are completely isolated from each other and with different names but don't really want to pay for two 'unlimited' Smugmug acccounts. Thoughts?

I actually want the same thing. However I am going to just setup a seperate hosting and have pretty flash sites (not much storage needed), then allow that to dig back to my smugmug for gallery usage.

I think smugmug is ok, but even with the customizations that happen, I see the real good ones use external hosting to tie everything together.

John
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Yes, but not the part about two different domain names.
  • SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    JohnBiggs wrote:
    ...I am going to just setup a seperate hosting and have pretty flash sites (not much storage needed), then allow that to dig back to my smugmug for gallery usage.
    I would second this approach.

You're the same business, so it won't matter that the money comes from the same place or is processed in the same company name, right?

You can have a front end hosted elsewhere and the back end of galleries, sales, etc handled by SM. It can be pretty seamless. I've been using something like this for years, but only with one site. I could easily add a second or even third or fourth site this way.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Craig RidleyCraig Ridley Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Yes, but not the part about two different domain names.

Could you please explain how you see two sites operating under the one smugmug account?
    My Site: http://www.craigridley.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/craigridleyoutdoorphotography

Want to save $5 on a smugmug account? Use this coupon code: WzG2eZLQPGrqI