Options

Location Scouting with an iPhone

bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
edited August 19, 2009 in Journeys
Before the NYC SMUG on Wednesday, I'm going to spend a few hours doing some scouting work for an all day shoot in NYC that I'm planning for this fall. I want to be able to walk around with my iPhone, tap a button to mark a spot, name it, and maybe take a photo of the background I'm looking at so I can plan my route. I've found a few iPhone apps that do this, but none do exactly what I'm looking for. I'm thinking of just taking photos since the GPS data is embedded within photos. If I do decide on that, I'll use HoudahGeo on the Mac to place all the pins on a map. If I do decide to do that, I'll have to bring a pad with me to write down info I'll need like what type of parking is available and how much time I think I'll need at each location. I'm thinking if I use a combination of the physical notepad, the Voice Memos app, photos, it will be good enough. Anyone know of an app that does all these things? Yea, I know it's a lot to ask for, but you never know what you might find in the App Store.

Comments