Another French Beauty

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited August 18, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
622460270_YRMSP-XL.jpg

622447669_XPBd3-XL.jpg

622495721_k3gcW-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    Tom,

As usual, great job on the images.

I LOVE this car iloveyou.gif

Looks like a car Clark Gable should be driving.
    Randy
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    Hi Randy,

Can't you just see yourself tooling around in something this elegant? This car was driven right past me as it entered the display area and it took my breath away. Thanks for looking in.

Tom

P.S. In case you missed it from an earlier posting, this car was Clark Gable's personal car....given to him by his actress wife, Carole Lombard.

264372276_mirXR-XL.jpg
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Wow Tom, these are quite magnificent examples of beautiful styling I doubt we'll ever see again. I wonder if two spare tires was the norm, or a special feature for the original owner. Extremely well captured as usual--thanks for sharing.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    WOW, talk about fancy :D

Thanks Tom for posting that again and giving me the history. You da' man thumb.gif

Hi Randy,

Can't you just see yourself tooling around in something this elegant? This car was driven right past me as it entered the display area and it took my breath away. Thanks for looking in.

Tom

P.S. In case you missed it from an earlier posting, this car was Clark Gable's personal car....given to him by his actress wife, Carole Lombard.

264372276_mirXR-XL.jpg
    Randy
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Jack,

The two spare tires on the back of Gable's car were probably special to that car. There were a couple of other special little touches made to his car at his request....such as air intakes on the hood for better engine cooling. This thing was probably somewhat of a bear to drive. Rear vision was almost non-existant. Sure is a beautiful thing to gaze upon though.

Tom
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Rear vision was almost non-existant.

Visibility would be pretty good in southern California, with the top down! :)