I dream of Jeannie

ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
edited August 20, 2009 in People
My second try at model shooting. We were trying to do Jeannie shots, model has outfits, wig, etc, but weather wasn't cooperating, wind was horrible, we had to run back to our cars because it started to rain, waited out, went back, and waited for sunset which never happened. :dunno

Anywho, here are few shots.

Meet Marty!

621394546_EeWEk-M-1.jpg

621393534_iSqoJ-M-1.jpg

621391849_Cn2XC-M-1.jpg

621390930_TNVU4-M-1.jpg

621386695_rTCxj-M-1.jpg

621384536_nhQBs-M-1.jpg

621387512_ZQ7eq-M-1.jpg

621385935_m45AN-M-1.jpg

I will post more shots on "adult" forum, stay tuned! :D
Marina
www.intruecolors.com
Nikon D700 x2/D300
Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8

Comments

• marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    Oh, fun! I love #3 and #8. She reminded me very much of Heather Locklear!
  • thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    #3 is most excellent! She is one fine genie if I do say so myself. thumb.gif
    Travis
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    Creative series... 3 is also my favorite.

1. Nice, but lost the elbow, so the homage to Barbara Eden is a bit lost. :D
    2. Too washed out for my taste.
    3. thumb.gif Like the processing as well. Is that all one image, or did you composite/HDR things together there?
    4. Great idea. The bottle looked like it was added later for some reason. When I look close, I don't believe it was, but my initial reaction was that the bottle was composited in. Perhaps the bottle is just way over saturated.
    5. Nice treatment. Very old-postcard sort of look.
    7. Not diggin' the green tinting.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Nice series!
    I think you meant genie (also jinn, djinn) - judging by the omnipresent arabic-looking bottle.
    In fact, it seems to me that the pictures would look better without this accessory, since in my eyes it's purely an attention-stealer, and with one exception (#4), doesn't end much to the frame ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    3 and 5 are really nice. I like the treatments in both.
  • PuppY_K1ck3RPuppY_K1ck3R Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    clouds are amazing in #3
    http://www.duclayanprofoto.com

Nikon D300
    Nikon 24-70mm 2.8
    Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 VRII
  • bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    I like #3. However, I'd agree with Nikolai and say that you need to get rid of the genie bottle.
    edited August 18, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    I think you meant genie (also jinn, djinn) - judging by the omnipresent arabic-looking bottle.
    In fact, it seems to me that the pictures would look better without this accessory, since in my eyes it's purely an attention-stealer, and with one exception (#4), doesn't end much to the frame ne_nau.gif

Right, the "Jeannie" being the pun. I Dream of Jeannie was a TV show back in the 60s: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058815/

Plot Summary:
    "Captain Tony Nelson is an astronaut. While on a mission, he discovered a mysterious bottle. Opening it, he released Jeannie (a Genie) who was so overjoyed at her release she promised to serve Captain Nelson."
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    marikris wrote:
    Right, the "Jeannie" being the pun. I Dream of Jeannie was a TV show back in the 60s: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058815/
    Duh... :hide
    Thanks!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited August 18, 2009
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Here's my take. You have a very attactive model and a great setting...what an opportunity.

1. Under exposed and not appealing.
    2. Blown out...no depth...lack of contrast.
    3. Nice concept, colors and wow factor are there...post processing etc.
    4. At first I didn't like it, but it grows on you. Sometimes you just have to look twice...for what it's worth, I like it.
    5. PP doesn't do anything for me. PP causes a loss of image contrast and hence depth...flat. I think her skin tone blends into the background too much. You need to separate your subject from the background in outdoor shots just like you do in studio shots thus aviod blending subjects into the backgound.
    6. Better, but needs some shadow work...to add contrast.
    7. I like it...colors work well, and I like the pose and concept...
    8. Not doing much for me. Be careful when you desaturate or run artsy actions. When you desat an image across the board, you lose shadow detail and flatten the image.

This is just what I think...so, take it with a grain of salt.

Thanks for sharing....
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Thanks everyone for your great insights. We couldn't get rid of the bottle, because model wanted it in all the shots, that was her prop ne_nau.gif

Good advise from everyone, and well appreciated.
    Thanks again for looking! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 18, 2009
    Very nice, Marina! thumb.gif

I like the whole set, prop and all. I also like the processing you did. Can you say a word about what you did in #3 for example?

Cheers,
    -joel
  • bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Thanks everyone for your great insights. We couldn't get rid of the bottle, because model wanted it in all the shots, that was her prop ne_nau.gif

If she insists on it being in all of them and loves the results, ignore what we're saying. If you're doing a personal shoot, make things the best they can be. If you're doing a model shoot, cater to your audience. Whether that's the model, a publicist, and art director, whomever it may be, do what they want.
  • jethibodjethibod Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    iloveyou.gif #s 3 & 4....great job!!! And how awesome you have an enthusiastic model!! :jealous!
    Jen

Live today like you'll wish you would have 10 years in the future. You only get one life; this is it...live it up. -
    Joy Nash
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    I love it! #3 and #5 are my favorites!
    Courtney
    edited August 19, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Very nice, Marina! thumb.gif

I like the whole set, prop and all. I also like the processing you did. Can you say a word about what you did in #3 for example?

Cheers,
    -joel

Thanks Joel. Well, there is one handy thing in Photoshop under Adjustments, called Equalize :D Some masking, and layering of course, just play around with opacity and curves to get the effect you want. It will give you some interesting effects. thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    edited August 19, 2009
    If she insists on it being in all of them and loves the results, ignore what we're saying. If you're doing a personal shoot, make things the best they can be. If you're doing a model shoot, cater to your audience. Whether that's the model, a publicist, and art director, whomever it may be, do what they want.

She apparently wanted to update her port. but i was there just for the fun of it, no personal gains, nor any publicity for me Laughing.gif. Another photog was more involved with the final outcomes. I understand what you're saying, shooting models isn't something i'm interested in, but it's all for good fun!
    Appreciate your comments! :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    marikris wrote:
    Oh, fun! I love #3 and #8. She reminded me very much of Heather Locklear!

15524779-Ti.gif
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    Love 3 & 4, not to mention her.