Options

Photoshop color help

InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
edited August 31, 2009 in Finishing School
I am using the trial version of CS4 extended and from time to time, photos in lightroom look radically different than what I see in CS4.

Could someone tell me why this is and what I need to do to fix this problem? in CS4, the whites look grey for example and I can't bring them back up to grey no matter what I do. My monitor is calibrated and colors in LR look correct when printed say, via Walmart.com, or even at home.

Help?:dunno

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited August 17, 2009
    You probably have different parameters for your color spaces, particularly in CS4

Images in LR and CS4 should look the same, as they are both color aware programs. I can see no difference between my fines in CS4 and in LR2.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2009
    I discovered my problem:

I have two monitors, and they are different, so they both have different calibration profiles.

For some reason, especially if I accidentally drag a photo or anything from my primary 22" to my auxillary 19", then CS4 takes on the profile of the second monitor, and stuff on my primary looks like crap.

My solution was to disable the secondary monitor.

Now, the downside to this is that LR2 has no trouble with this, and I love go have the grid and development modules on the 22" and the loupe view on the 19" So this is a huge inconvience to me.

Is there another solution to force CS4 to either ignore the second monitor all together, or whatever it needs to do so it doens't affect the proper color profile on the primary?
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2009
    Well, I don't know if anyone cares or not, but I did think of a solution to my problem (which probalby introduced another problem.)

I went into the display properties, and loaded the primary monitors color profile into the secondary monitor. So, while the color may be off, I still retain full functionalty, and do color edits on the primary anyway. So its a tradeoff I can live with.