Options

(another) Dell 2209 WA / i1 Display 2 thread

kingkongballskingkongballs Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited August 18, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
I have posted my problems on a few other forums and have had no replies, so i hope i have better luck here than elsewhere.

I have an HP w220h and a Dell 2209 wa. I bought the Dell after being told i needed an IPS monitor to get better colour accuracy when editing/printing photos.

Before these, I had a Samsung (not sure of the make) and the 19” version of the HP, and none of them calibrated properly either.
So now with the Dell, the problems i’m having are as follows:

On easy, everything comes out super red. I’ve deleted ICC’s, reset, restarted, cried and prayed and nothing.

On Advanced...nothing works.
The most i can get done is the contrast.
That floats between 83-85 depending.
RGB presets. To get the desired 5000k i need to put my settings on:
R=85
G=35
B=38

Then the luminance wont budge past 22.4 when the target is 90.0

After that, nothing else works. Invalid gamma values pops up and i cant budge past that.

So i do RGB controls and get this:

R=23
G=6
B=13

my RGB presets is at 5000 and current is at 4900 which is as close as it will get

with the Red being 23, everything is quite pink - which can’t be right.

After playing with the colours, the profile summary reads:

color temp
target: 5000k
current: 5500k

gamma
target: 1.8
current 1.6

luminance

target: 90.0 cd/m2
current: 1.8 cd/m2
minimum 0.2 cd/m2

i watched this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsA4LwFtY9o
and followed what was said, and still had no luck.

I used his calibration settings:

White point: 5000k (said it was industry print standard...I’m sure i read somewhere that this was paper white)
Gamma: 1.8
Luminance: 90 (was experiencing really dark prints with the easy mode at 120)

I’ve contacted xrite a few times. They emailed me this morning saying to uninstall and install a fresh copy of the i1 match software and try again – and still nothing.
I thought my unit may have been faulty, but after running the diagnostic, it passed both calibration and emission tests.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be? Have i managed to buy 3 brand new broken monitors?