Good Morning, STL

jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
edited August 19, 2009 in Landscapes
Yesterday morning I jumped in the car early in the morning to see if I could capture the Arch as a line of storms was approaching. Turns out that the light was just right. I had the rise morning sun behind me and the storm clouds behind the arch. When I jumped up on the levee wall on the east side of the river to shoot this, this light only lasted about 5 minutes. I'm glad I had the right lens on my camera and didn't need the tripod. This is two shots stitched together. There's one unfortunate flaw in this image. If you look closely you'll see it. I'll have to process a new one sometime in the future to fix that problem.

623250265_rQWCq-L.jpg
More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
Jeff Meyers

Comments

• tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Wow! Great light and dramatic clouds. I wish I had a camera when I lived in the Midwest. There were many storms with tornado warnings and I spent most of the time hiding in the basement.
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    It is a beauty Jeff. I like it a lot.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Great shot, Jeff! thumb.gif Beautiful arch with fantastic, even light. The flaw is hardly noticable, and I probably wouldn't have seen it had you not alluded to it.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Thanks, guys. The flaw, of course, is a stitching error on the upper left side of the Arch. I used PS CS4 instead of PTGui for the stitching. My bad. I'll have to redo it.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • marcpromarcpro Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    PTgui, yes.... bowdown.gif
    -- Photography without post-processing is like cooking without salt or spices.