A Glimpse Of Sinulog 2010: Pasigarbo sa Sugbo

GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited August 21, 2009 in People
This will be dedicated to the rich culture Cebu holds. 38 provinces showing off their unique Festivals, a celebration like no other! "Pasigarbo sa Sugbo is in its second year, to be held annually during the province's founding anniversary....."

Had a great time shooting the event with friends and fellow photogs! I'll be looking forward to Sinulog 2010 and it's said that it's 10x more awesome! I'm now one shade darker but the experience was priceless! Pasigarbo!

THE ANTICPATION
3833008061_947250876d_b.jpg
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."

Comments

• DionysusDionysus Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    the colors are stunning, dude...awesome.
    -=Ren B.=-

Gear: Canon EOS 50D, 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, Canon 430EX-II Flash
    Galleries: Smugmug Flickr DeviantART
  • GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    @dionysis thanks a lot! all the best!
    "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."
    edited August 18, 2009
    BONGA FESTIVAL (SIBONGA)

Bonga festival is a form of thanksgiving for all the blessings and graces Sibonganhons have received from Sta. Filomena and Our Lady of Pilar especially for the abundant fruits found in the town.Bunga is a Cebuano word which means fruit in English.

#2 INLINE

ISO 125/ 17mm/ f4.5/ (1/500) OF A SEC/ CPL
    3833921304_3481ea9a94_b.jpg
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    O my gosh, Gorio. You make me want to go to Cebu. Last time I went was 11 years ago. These are beautiful! "Bunga" is also tagalog for fruit, which is sadly the only dialect I speak lol.
    edited August 18, 2009
    marikris wrote:
    O my gosh, Gorio. You make me want to go to Cebu. Last time I went was 11 years ago. These are beautiful! "Bunga" is also tagalog for fruit, which is sadly the only dialect I speak lol.

hey marikris! haha yup that is correct! Bunga is fruit, you can come back anytime you want and Sinulog will be this Jan 2010 and its going to be crazy!clap.gif
    edited August 18, 2009
    Incredible color and depth.

thanks bend for dropping by i do have more images to show. iloveyou.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Amazing colors ! stunning job
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Absolutely stunning!!!! Well done My aunt is from the Philippines and makes my favorite dessert from there. Halo-halo!
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
    edited August 18, 2009
    Amazing colors ! stunning job

thanks awais, ill be posting more images, i would appreciate if you drop by again.iloveyou.gif
    edited August 18, 2009
    Flutist wrote:
    Absolutely stunning!!!! Well done My aunt is from the Philippines and makes my favorite dessert from there. Halo-halo!

haha halo halo the best coolers!iloveyou.gif i hope you can come by again in cebu this january in time for sinulog its going to be crazy!
    edited August 18, 2009
    The festival will display the lechons in various costumes and decorations in a parade. Lechon in Cebu it the best all over the country, it doesn’t need a brown Mang Tomas sauce to make it tasty. inasal-Cebu” had made Cebu unique in the eyes of non-Cebuanos, especially Tagalogs.
    #3 INASAL FESTIVAL (TALISAY)
    ISO 125/ 17mm/ f4.5/ (1/500) OF A SEC/ CPL
    3833159077_b450eaeed1_b.jpg
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    GORIO wrote:
    haha halo halo the best coolers!iloveyou.gif i hope you can come by again in cebu this january in time for sinulog its going to be crazy!

Unfortunately, I've never been. Even more sadly to admit I've never been out of the US (except to Canada as a kid visiting friends from my home in NH)
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
    edited August 20, 2009
    Flutist wrote:
    Unfortunately, I've never been. Even more sadly to admit I've never been out of the US (except to Canada as a kid visiting friends from my home in NH)

aww then i guess you plan it and go! carpe diem!!!!clap.gif
    edited August 20, 2009
    "Legend states that a Spaniard was walking around the place and met a townfolk near a bubbling underground spring situated along the coast of the town. The Spaniard asked the folk in Spanish as to the name of the place. The folk unable to perceive the Spanish language answered “bocal bocal” for he discerned that the Spaniard was asking about the bubbling spring. Bocal-bocal was a tongue twister to the Spaniard hence Moalboal."

#4 KAGSANGAN FESTIVAL (MOALBOAL)

ISO 100/ 32mm/ f8/ (1/125) of a sec/ CPL
    3841563292_9ffa532176_b.jpg
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2009
    That's quite a costume to wear with all that heat and humidity.bowdown.gif

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
    edited August 21, 2009
    @cuong you bet ya! its so hot, it must be their love of their culture! iloveyou.gif

Utanon festival is a celebration of good harvest through dance and music--- through music because the town of Dalaguete is not only known as the vegetable basket of the province but the music capital of the island as well.
    UTANON FESTIVAL (DALAGUETE)
    ISO 125/ 28mm/ f4/ (1/500) of a sec/ CPL
    3841434673_790df18acf_b.jpg