Do want a challenge?

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited June 28, 2005 in People
Try photographing a dance recital in an old high school, with no air conditioning in 95 degrees, with crappy, low lighting, and all the girls are moving around like crazy because, well, they're dancing. Also the massive amounts of makeup and the heat causing them to sweat brought about many chances of blown out spots on their faces.

1600 ISO on a 20D can get you decent pics, but in this set up, lots of noise can occur. Here are some of the best ones I got, but trust me, many are very soft and noisy.

I was there to shoot my wife's grand daughter, Ashley. I did a few test shots of the first group first to prepare myself.

26381773-M.jpg

26381775-L.jpg

Here's Ashley. She's only 11. Yes, you heard right, only 11.

26381791-L.jpg

26383229-M.jpg

26385772-M.jpg

26386306-L.jpg

This is my favorite of the night.
26385326-L.jpg

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2005
    I agree this is tough and a quick look here tells me you brought it home thumb.gif
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2005
    Nice set Kaos,
    I don'tthink I would have even tried it. Now I know it's possible if the opportunity ever arises. Good goingclap.gif. Your favorite is also my favorite, good expression and capturethumb.gif.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2005
    I love these shots.. you should be very proud I think and yes.. the last one is a winner! clap.gifclap.gif
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2005
    I like the results. Takin into account the conditions, you have won!
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    I agree this is tough and a quick look here tells me you brought it home thumb.gif
    Thanks Ben. I will say L glass helps. The quicker the focus the better, and my L's are fast. However, it wouldn't be the same for the 85 L, so mileage may vary.
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 28, 2005
    edited June 28, 2005
    I don'tthink I would have even tried it. Now I know it's possible if the opportunity ever arises. Good goingclap.gif. Your favorite is also my favorite, good expression and capturethumb.gif.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chris
    Thanks Chris. I was worried because it was new to me and her mother, my wife's daughter, was really wanting the pics.
    edited June 28, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    I love these shots.. you should be very proud I think and yes.. the last one is a winner! clap.gifclap.gif
    Thanks Lynn.