AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited August 19, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
My neighbor was irrigating his field...

623637030_zVTXx-L.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    WOW!!!! Just amazing color Azzaro thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif Beautiful thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

How do you do that?

Oh..I'm still working on the cutting :D
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Looks like the sea shore

When did AZ get one of those? rolleyes1.gif

Nice shot Azzaro
    Randy
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Nice image, beautiful silohuetes and colors.
    Living in the 'burbs, I only get 'neighbor mowing his lawn', and that ain't good pix....mwink.gif
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    WOW!!!! Just amazing color Azzaro thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif Beautiful thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

How do you do that?

Oh..I'm still working on the cutting :D

Hi Mary Kim.... Thanks so much for the nice comment...... Is there a way that I can help you with the cut outs.......??????

Color.......I think a lot of it is the time of day..... Most of my shots are really early in the day. Im up and out there when the sun is just coming up over the horizon. azzaro
    edited August 18, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Looks like the sea shore

When did AZ get one of those? rolleyes1.gif

Nice shot Azzaro

HI Randy...Thanks for the comment...... As for the sea shore..... Ain't PHOTOSHOP great........ :D azzaro
    edited August 18, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Mary Kim.... Thanks so much for the nice comment...... Is there a way that I can help you with the cut outs.......??????

Color.......I think a lot of it is the time of day..... Most of my shots are really early in the day. Im up and out there when the sun is just coming up over the horizon. azzaro

Those early morning photos with the morning light are the best that's for sure. You have the color down so well thumb.gif

As for the cutting -- I'm in the "I'm gonna get it if it drives me insane" mode :D I'll let you know in a day or two if I don't get it....Thanks Azzaro thumb.gif
    edited August 18, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Nice image, beautiful silohuetes and colors.
    Living in the 'burbs, I only get 'neighbor mowing his lawn', and that ain't good pix....mwink.gif

Thanks for the nice comment....... I have been on SmugMug for awhile and have never seen a pic of a neighbor mowing his grass.... Might give it a try....rolleyes1.gif azzaro
    edited August 18, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Those early morning photos with the morning light are the best that's for sure. You have the color down so well thumb.gif

As for the cutting -- I'm in the "I'm gonna get it if it drives me insane" mode :D I'll let you know in a day or two if I don't get it....Thanks Azzaro thumb.gif

I will take a second look at my instruction to be sure I didn't make a mistake..... azzaro
    edited August 18, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    I will take a second look at my instruction to be sure I didn't make a mistake..... azzaro

I'm sure you didn't -- its me -- I'm having the problems with it :D
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    One of your best! I'm going to start calling you AZ Red!:D
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Nice one Azzaro. AZ red I mean. :D
    Look like curlews but I can't be sure.
    Michael
    edited August 19, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    One of your best! I'm going to start calling you AZ Red!:D

AZ Red, seems like a handle for pool shark instead of and old man with a D40x.rolleyes1.gif
    Thanks for the really nice comment, Eia. azzaro
    edited August 19, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    Nice one Azzaro. AZ red I mean. :D
    Look like curlews but I can't be sure.

Hi DaddyO. thanks for commenting........ I don't know my birds, but I think your right....... azzaro
  • christinamaechristinamae Registered Users Posts: 484 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Beautiful color and silhouettes! clap.gif
    edited August 19, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi DaddyO. thanks for commenting........ I don't know my birds, but I think your right....... azzaro

:D I don't know my birds either but that particular one I did some
    info seeking on cause I came across some in Idaho and Oregon in
    the high desert areas. Managed a photo or two for as close at they
    would let me get. About a 100 yards or so. 200mm wasn't enough
    strength. Had to do cropping to even get a maybe pic.

Curlews
    Michael
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Howdy Azzaro,

Another wonderful image that where you've captured the magical light.

Well seen and captured!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    HI Randy...Thanks for the comment...... As for the sea shore..... Ain't PHOTOSHOP great........ azzaro

Very nice image Azzaro. A definite "gotcha" for me till I saw your response to Randy headscratch.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited August 19, 2009
    Beautiful color and silhouettes! clap.gif

Thanks for the kind comment...... azzaro
    edited August 19, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Azzaro,

Another wonderful image that where you've captured the magical light.

Well seen and captured!!!

Hi Panther ..... Thanks for dropping in and commenting...... azzaro
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Another excellent capture Red :D
    edited August 19, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Very nice image Azzaro. A definite "gotcha" for me till I saw your response to Randy headscratch.gif[/quot

Thanks for the nice comment, Jack.

The picture started out as a pic. of flood irrigation with pretty neat light on it. I cropped it to get it down to just water. Then messed around with the color to get a little drama so it wasnt so flat looking. The center of interest was just the lighting and color. There it set on my computer for a week or two.

I was wandering around about the same time of day the water was shot and ran into a flock of birds. I chased them around for about 20 minutes and had a bunch of pictures of birds running from me.

So I processed a pic. of the birds, cropped it so the the birds were bigger than and ant and stuck it in Fluid Mask and cut out 5 of um. Put the whole thing in Elements and cloned the birds into the water pic.

The picture was made in Elements, Fluid Mask, Nikon Capture and DXO...rolleyes1.gifI said photoshop just to abbreviate the whole thing..... :D azzaro
    edited August 19, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Another excellent capture Red :D

Hi Dan ..... How is it going???? Thanks for looking and the comment.....:Dazzaro
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Hi Azzaro,

I've been holding off on commenting about this picture, as I assumed it was some sort of merger deal and I wanted a little more info before speaking out. Then I read where it had been through Elements, Fluid Mask, Nikon Capture and DXO. It finally dawned on me that I'm just going to have to quit this sport.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    "I've got some ocean front property in Arizona . . . " That George Strait really knows how to write a song, huh? He must've been looking at Azzaro's neighborhood! rolleyes1.gif

Lovely colors!!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited August 19, 2009
    Hi Azzaro,

I've been holding off on commenting about this picture, as I assumed it was some sort of merger deal and I wanted a little more info before speaking out. Then I read where it had been through Elements, Fluid Mask, Nikon Capture and DXO. It finally dawned on me that I'm just going to have to quit this sport.

Tom

Why? azzaro
    edited August 19, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    "I've got some ocean front property in Arizona . . . " That George Strait really knows how to write a song, huh? He must've been looking at Azzaro's neighborhood! rolleyes1.gif

Lovely colors!!

Thanks for looking in Lauren and commenting..... azzaro
    edited August 19, 2009
    Azzaro your really getting good on that cutting thumb.gif Never would of known.
    edited August 19, 2009
    Hi Azzaro,

Tom

Comps have their place good buddy.:D There is no quiting... its in your blood.
    Must confess that I have a real nit with composit results in photography
    competitions. If it is not a stand alone shot it ain't right. We all work so hard to get the stand on its own shot only to have someone blow us away with a comp that looks awesome and is. But its a comp... not the real deal.
    :bash
    One wants to play in photoshop + drive on. Its way cool. I personally love it. When it comes to competition I have to draw the line. If theres a category for it fine.

:D My silly assed 2 cents...
    Michael
    edited August 19, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Azzaro your really getting good on that cutting thumb.gif Never would of known.

Hi Mary Kim......Thanks for the comment......Do you have it worked out yet???
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Hey Azzaro ( and Michael ),

I was being a tad facetious when I spoke of quiting the sport. Once in your blood....particularly after 40 + years....you don't leave. I was trying to make a little humor out of the situation. Here you had a nice picture ( Azzaro's ) that had been through 4 different programs to get where it was. Here's me, an old dog who can barely turn on the computer. I better haul fanny while the gettings good.

The reality of it is that we are all blessed with the world of digital photography. Even the most optimistic of us could not have seen the doors that were, and will be, opened for our benefit. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.